Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of Captain Victory?

Default Return of Captain Victory?

http://www.geeksunleashed.me/2013/10...ite-exclusive/

Whaaaat? This has me wondering....

Anyone?
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA
    My YouTube Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <------- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 9/22/13 PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: Then & Now by RVGA!

I had seen the teaser, but it didn't register. Yeah, that IS Captain Victory's chest emblem, isn't it? As for the (famous?) quote, I don't remember it, but I'll take their word for it.

This is the solicits for Legenderry#1:
    LEGENDERRY: A STEAMPUNK ADVENTURE #1

Written by Bill Willingham, art by Sergio Fernandez Davila, cover by Joe Benitez.

It's a world in which the great heroes of our stories live in the flesh. We start in the Big City, protected by Vampirella and the Green Hornet. A scarlet clad woman of mystery rushes into a bar, pursued by a team of assassins. The terror that breaks loose there and then will eventually lead (in the issues that follow) to The Phantom's Jungle, Flash Gordon's space age town of Landing, battles in the sky with Captain Victory, and so much more, until finally, we arrive in the Monstrous Lands, protected by... well, nobody.

Interesting. I was a big fan of Joe Casey's GØDLAND at Image, a decided homage to all things Kirbyesque, so he may be the right man for the job.

I'm a bit puzzled why he would need the help of 8 other people to create stories of CVATGR, though. I would have thought one or two artists could handle the job. Colorists and letterers usually don't get mentioned in promo pieces (often because that hasn't been nailed down until last), and if so, are usually credited as such.

Hopefully this means other Genesis characters are on their way back too, especially Silver Star. I wonder if this will be connected to the previous series or if this will stand on it's own or kick off a new universe?
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    Hopefully this means other Genesis characters are on their way back too, especially Silver Star. I wonder if this will be connected to the previous series or if this will stand on it's own or kick off a new universe?
    Starting this year we have a Goldkey universe, Kings Watch universe and now a Kirby universe, maybe even Chaos, I hope DE knows what they're doing and don't bite off more than they can chew.

Kings Watch won't last, neither will a Kirby universe if they try again. Now it appears the pulp line is dying off.. ...

Makes me want to steer clear of their Gold Key stuff despite how awesome it looks.
    Chadster!

Currently reading: All Dynamite pulp titles, all Valiant titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadster View Post
    Kings Watch won't last, neither will a Kirby universe if they try again. Now it appears the pulp line is dying off.. ...

Makes me want to steer clear of their Gold Key stuff despite how awesome it looks.
    Sounds like you're on the verge of becoming a 'trade-waiter'.

This isn't directed at anybody and just a general comment

The problem with 'trade waiters' is that if not enough people buy the series it lowers the chance of becoming a trade. I'll admit I've done it with a few books, Spider and Kato:Origins to name a couple. And it some times seems tht writers are writing with an eye toward the TPB and not the regular series.
    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2
    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/