Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2960
Return of Captain Victory? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return of Captain Victory?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    This isn't directed at anybody and just a general comment

The problem with 'trade waiters' is that if not enough people buy the series it lowers the chance of becoming a trade. I'll admit I've done it with a few books, Spider and Kato:Origins to name a couple. And it some times seems tht writers are writing with an eye toward the TPB and not the regular series.
    I try to meet halfway; I get the books digitally (usually discounted) then buy the trade for a hard copy, assuming I enjoyed the book enough to warrant what is basically a double purchase.

I have a cottage at which we don't have an internet connection so I like being able to choose my reading format.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    And it some times seems tht writers are writing with an eye toward the TPB and not the regular series.
    With the exception of some titles aimed at younger readers, it pretty much seems to be industry standard. A title has to perform pretty poorly to NOT get a trade collection. Even Green Hornet Strikes! got a trade collection once the long-delayed final issue was published. In another instance, Dragonsbane did not, after its long-delayed final issue. There's been no solicitation (unless it's in February's Previews) for an Owl TPB yet either, but I feel pretty sure it'll happen, if only because it's PSP-related. No trades for Peter Cannon or Thun'da, either. But it seems like about 80-90% of DE titles do get one, regardless of whether it's a mini or ongoing series. At Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and Image, it's closer to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    I try to meet halfway; I get the books digitally (usually discounted) then buy the trade for a hard copy, assuming I enjoyed the book enough to warrant what is basically a double purchase.
    I don't do digital, but I buy the single issues, and like you "assuming etc." That usually works out for Dynamite titles something like 50-60%. I can always sell the single issues off later, unless decide to keep them just for the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    is this still happening? haven't heard anything about it awhile.