Thread: Art by Debora Carita - Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris

Default Art by Debora Carita - Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris

I'm extremely sorry to say this, but the art done by Debora Carita in WoM Dejah Thoris seems to be almost childish - when it to comes to depiction of Dejah Thoris, take for example WoM DJ# 30, the page where Boll Rem is introduced, Dejah has definitely been drawn very oddly and without any consistency.

DE - I hope you will look into it.
    Last edited by neo101; 10-18-2013 at 12:47 PM.

ITs better than the first few issues Debora drew that is for certain... but god was this artist never ready to take on full issues of comics... I feel like this art actually really messed up these issues and my enthusiasim for the Machine Men characters.
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    ITs better than the first few issues Debora drew that is for certain... but god was this artist never ready to take on full issues of comics... I feel like this art actually really messed up these issues and my enthusiasim for the Machine Men characters.
    Exactly my sentiment!

The art of issues 16 - 19 is some of the worst art I have seen in a comic, I'm sorry but it's true. I coudn't take the story seriously because everything looked so goofy. I understand that Carlos Rafael needed a break so Dynamite had to find an artist to fill in but this is too much.
    Marcio Fiorito, who did issue 15 would have been acceptable.

I will say that Debora has improved. Issues 25 - 30 are better but still I wouldn't call it good.
    You have this comic that has amazing covers but then you open it and the interior art is a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if people were dropping this book.

I will give two thumbs up to Carlos Lopez. I like his coloring

Does she need more time or more assistance? I am not an artist (the only thing I can draw is flies--and I shower daily) but I felt the art looked rushed. The story was good but the art was distracting.

I am in awe of the Jay Anacleto covers on this title and the DT & GMOM title!! I have instructed my local comic book shop to pull only the Anacleto covers and the Jusko covers for my DE Mars comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky McQuade View Post
    Does she need more time or more assistance? I am not an artist (the only thing I can draw is flies--and I shower daily) but I felt the art looked rushed. The story was good but the art was distracting.

I am in awe of the Jay Anacleto covers on this title and the DT & GMOM title!! I have instructed my local comic book shop to pull only the Anacleto covers and the Jusko covers for my DE Mars comics.

Absolutely true, I'm thinking of avoiding any and all issues done this artist, the art is either messed up or looks like it was done by a 8 year old.

Well I think there is no reason to panic... I think the next three issues are being done by Carlos Rafael...

they seriously need to find a different artist... but I dont want to see Debora stop making comics... because we... she is getting better, she needs some practice... Dynamite should put her on a less high-profile book I think...

While I'm frequently critical of some of Dynamite's artists, I have no real problem with Debora Carita's art here. My only criticism for issue #30 would be with the most "un-Barsoomian"-looking military uniforms worn by the Odwar and Dwar in this issue. Otherwise, while I admit she's not as polished as some of the other artists who've worked on this book (or on the regular WoM title) in the past, I feel I've been exposed to far worse artwork in other Dynamite titles. So... not great, but acceptable. She definitely needs to work on adding some background detail to her panels, but at least she appears capable of drawing the female and male undraped form (key for both WoM titles) without grotesquely exaggerating it. Just my 2 cents -- I feel like you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill, here.

Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    While I'm frequently critical of some of Dynamite's artists, I have no real problem with Debora Carita's art here. My only criticism for issue #30 would be with the most "un-Barsoomian"-looking military uniforms worn by the Odwar and Dwar in this issue. Otherwise, while I admit she's not as polished as some of the other artists who've worked on this book (or on the regular WoM title) in the past, I feel I've been exposed to far worse artwork in other Dynamite titles. So... not great, but acceptable. She definitely needs to work on adding some background detail to her panels, but at least she appears capable of drawing the female and male undraped form (key for both WoM titles) without grotesquely exaggerating it. Just my 2 cents -- I feel like you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill, here.
    Personally I would like to see Debora put on another book to hone her skills for a while, if it was my choice I would have dynamite pick up the fallout license... I think her art style could capture fallout reasonably well and give hera chance to practice. Especially since in the fallotu universe characters arent ever really supposed to be "pretty" it is after the apocalypse after all.