Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turok vs. Turok

Default Turok vs. Turok

I want dynamite to produce a 4 issue mini, where the space-marine Turok is somehow sucked ito the same time and place as the original Turok... adn the character is put in his place, and gets his butt kicked by the real Turok. It would actually make a decent sequel to the space-marine game because when you think about it it would give space-marine Turok a chacne to reconnect with a heritage he abandoned.

so yeah... Real Turok vs Space turok... I need this
    Let Disney know, that you want to go Back To Barsoom.

Did "Space Marine Turok" ever appear anywhere outside the game? Can't say I'm familiar with that version.

and then after real Turok defeats Space Turok who does he run into? thats right, Ash from Army of Darkness!

Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    Did "Space Marine Turok" ever appear anywhere outside the game? Can't say I'm familiar with that version.
    Acclaim comics did do a tie-in comic.
    Name:  563243-2_1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  47.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Acclaim comics did do a tie-in comic.
    Name:  563243-2_1.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  47.8 KB
    the hell.... That comic looks like it is from the 90s... the Turok I am talking about is from the 2008 video game simply entitled "Turok" this comic here that you are showing, from my research.. actualyl predates the space marine version of Turok that I am talking about... weird...

its this version of turok that inspired the games...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turok_video_games

so really there is three version of turok...

1. Traditional turok that travels to a lost land, native american guy.

2. dimension-hopping-soldier turok

3. space marine turok that has no sort of lost land or interdimensional travel at all.

The Turok I am talking about is the lost land turok, fighting the space marine turok...

I suppose the other turok could be thrown in there of course at some point XD this whole mini would be awesome XD

http://bite-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/wp...apers-1496.jpg

this is the turok who I wanna see get get the crap beat out of by the original.

I remember one of the last (maybe THE last) Turok comics Acclaim put out (only 2-3 years before Dark Horse did theirs) there was this little digest-size thingy, It looked like they had (except for art style) completely reverted him back to his original GK origin story. I think it came out the same time as that animated DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralok View Post
    the hell.... That comic looks like it is from the 90s... the Turok I am talking about is from the 2008 video game simply entitled "Turok" this comic here that you are showing, from my research.. actualyl predates the space marine version of Turok that I am talking about... weird...

its this version of turok that inspired the games...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turok_video_games

so really there is three version of turok...

1. Traditional turok that travels to a lost land, native american guy.

2. dimension-hopping-soldier turok

3. space marine turok that has no sort of lost land or interdimensional travel at all.

The Turok I am talking about is the lost land turok, fighting the space marine turok...

I suppose the other turok could be thrown in there of course at some point XD this whole mini would be awesome XD
    Oh! I don't really play video games, much. I guess we'll have a 4th Turok now.

I'm pretty confident that Dynamite isn't likely to want to put out a comic whose main purpose is putting down another iteration of the character--one who may have his own fans.

Don't get me wrong--part of me would feel extremely gratified to see classic versions of, say, some of the DC comics heroes triumph over the New 52 versions I loathe, but it wouldn't be very nice to the people who really like the New 52 versions. Ditto the main Marvel heroes vs. some of the nastier versions of themselves (not all are nasty) from the Ultimate Universe. I'm eager for a classic-style DCU to come with the next inevitable reboot, and as soon as humanly possible, but I would not at all mind the New 52 versions to have their own side universe so their fans can continue enjoying them. And, thus, whatever versions of Turok people like.

I like the original version (however, a new creative team will have to reflect the latest dinosaur research in artistically protrayal area). However, if they bring him to the present like the Tim Truman issues did (those issues had great characters, interesting supporting characters, and clever stories--DE should reprint those stories in a trade paperback). I would support a Turok: Dinosaur Hunter series! I did not care for the teen Turok series mostly tied into the video games.