Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2960
Who takes over on The Green Hornet and The Black Bat?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who takes over on The Green Hornet and The Black Bat?

Default Who takes over on The Green Hornet and The Black Bat?

So, when Mark Waid leaves The Green Hornet and Brian Bucellato leaves The Black Bat, who should (or will) take over these books? As two of my favorite comics I would hope that we get a couple of really talented guys to move on in and take over the writings chores, maybe even Matt Wagner on Green Hornet and Chris Roberson on The Black Bat, but who knows.

Knowing Dynamite they'll probably just cancel the two books and call it a day.
    On Twitter @OfficialRVGA
    My YouTube Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
    http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <------- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
    *UPDATED* on 9/22/13 PROJECT SUPERPOWERS: Then & Now by RVGA!

Chris Roberson has both The Shadow and Doc Savage to write every month, as well as finishing up Codename: Action. Don't know how many titles he can handle at one time. Maybe Matt Wagner could handle them both?

I think Wagner is the popular vote for taking over Green Hornet once Mark is done, but the though of having Wagner on Black Bat is freaking exciting as all hell! Make it happen Dynamite!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    I think Wagner is the popular vote for taking over Green Hornet once Mark is done, but the though of having Wagner on Black Bat is freaking exciting as all hell! Make it happen Dynamite!
    YES! Wagner on BOTH!!!

OR

Make Waid an offer he can't refuse!
    The Hornet's Nest Podcast - A podcast dedicated to all things Green Hornet!

Here's another suggestion I think Dynamite should seriously consider: hiring Timothy Truman to write one of their pulp hero titles. Truman has experience with Eclipse Comics on Airboy, The Prowler, and The Spider (he didn't script all of those, but had significant input into plot and character aspects). He also wrote and drew the miniseries Guns of the Dragon for DC, which was pretty pulpy.

Other suggestions for writers Dynamite could hire: Chuck Dixon or Ron Fortier.
    Last edited by pulphero; 11-08-2013 at 11:22 PM.

All excellent suggestions.

Rucka, Bendis, or Brubaker on Green Hornet. Dare to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpisme View Post
    Rucka, Bendis, or Brubaker on Green Hornet. Dare to dream.
    Sure, why not. Add Geoff Johns, Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and Jim Steranko to the list. Dreaming is free, right?
    Last edited by pulphero; 11-10-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
    ...Brian Bucellato leaves The Black Bat...
    I missed this announcement. He's still listed as the writer on #8, the most recent issue solicited. Is that his last issue?

Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    I missed this announcement. He's still listed as the writer on #8, the most recent issue solicited. Is that his last issue?
    He said his first story arc is 12 issues so it's assumed he's leaving after that, sadly.