Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Miss Fury series MEGATHREAD!

Default Miss Fury

So......huge announcement! Miss Fury mini is coming out this year!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Don't know much of the character, but I'll check this out. Seems interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    So......huge announcement! Miss Fury mini is coming out this year!
    WHEN? WHO? No picture? No Link? AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

DE Pull List: The Black Bat, Damsels, Damsels: Mermaids, Dark Shadows, Dejah Thoris & The Green Men Of Mars, Grimm, Lady Rawhide, Lords of Mars, Masks, Miss Fury, The Shadow, The Spider, Warlord Of Mars: Dejah Thoris, Vamiprella: Southern Comfort

Thanks, Scott.

Nice to see Dynamite is giving Jack Herbert some more work. Sort of a weird concept for a series... frankly I'd rather they'd just stuck with the 1940s setting, but we'll see. It's kind of a shame that the later, better-known Catwoman essentially stole Miss Fury's costume, but Miss Fury was first, and I wish they'd just gone with it. But at the same time I can see why they didn't. Even if you're in the right, who needs a legal hassle with DC.
    DE pull list: Bionic Man, Bionic Man vs. Bionic Woman, Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Dark Shadows Year One, Lone Ranger, Lord of the Jungle, Mark Waid's Green Hornet, Masks, Miss Fury, Peter Cannon Thunderbolt, Red Team, Sherlock Holmes, The Shadow, The Shadow Year One, The Shadow & Green Hornet: Dark Nights, The Spider, Uncanny, Vampirella Archives, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris.

If you read Previews that you probably saw the solicitation in Feb's issue, and I must say that it's got some really great interiors! I'm getting more and more excited for this book as it moves forward but I do kind of wish the Black Bat came before it.
    Hoping Dynamite keeps pushing PULP!

Miss Fury could have potential, but my question is where's the sexual element?

Can't base too much off of three interior pages, but I get the feeling this may be yet another case where it's advertised with cheesecake pin-ups (including a bathtub one), but then the interior art is all grim and dark without a hint of sexuality. It's a wacky trick they play on us with a lot of these books. Simply put, if this book isn't sexy I'm not checking it out. Just vocalizing one part of the audience.

These violent female books Dynamite does have a history of being oddly sexless for books marketed somewhat around sexuality. And well, another angry ruthless character, it does seem like it could be treading some of the same water as a lot of others. Just sayin', charm and sexiness in the mix seem to be a part of this character's history.

Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Quote Originally Posted by comixfan1980 View Post
    If it was based on the classic pulp character I would have been a definite reader. But after reading what direction they're taking in that article, I'll pass. I'll have to be content with seeing Miss Fury in the pages of Masks, I suppose.

So, Black Bat's mask is now being drawn to look more like Batman's, and Miss Fury/Marla Drake (whose costume already resembled Catwoman's) is now a thief, making her even more like Selina Kyle?

What's up with that? You'd think DE would go out of their way to avoid similarities to iconic comic book characters when making changes to these pulp characters.