Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The Miss Fury series MEGATHREAD!

Ugh, another one bites the dust in the pulp line.....

Very disheartening.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Bummer first Vampi now Marla.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_13M View Post
    Bummer first Vampi now Marla.
    Maybe the two of them should have a crossover book in March.
    [IMG]http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/images/SP-Lama01-Banner.jpg[/IMG]

UGGGHHHH!!!!! My favorite titles are dropping by the wayside. I really enjoyed this title. I was hoping at some point, they would resolve the Cpt Chandler storyline and stop the time shifting. Still, this was an intriguing title. Lots of surprises. The art has been excellent.

Is it just me, or has Dynamite been dropping a lot of lines lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Britt68 View Post
    UGGGHHHH!!!!! My favorite titles are dropping by the wayside. I really enjoyed this title. I was hoping at some point, they would resolve the Cpt Chandler storyline and stop the time shifting. Still, this was an intriguing title. Lots of surprises. The art has been excellent.

Is it just me, or has Dynamite been dropping a lot of lines lately?
    It's not just you, and it's not just lately. That's pretty much been the case since I first started reading Dynamite titles back in 2006. You can count the number of 'long running' (and I use that term very loosely, and relative only to DE's publishing history) on the fingers of one hand: Red Sonja, The Boys, Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Warlord of Mars. Of those, The Boys is now gone, although Garth Ennis continues in some capacity on various DE titles and limited series. The rest have all been renumbered at least once (but to be fair, that's par for the course at Marvel and DC too, these days), with the exception of Warlord of Mars (which may be ending after the next story arc, to be replaced by ... ?)

These titles are the exception in DE's overall publishing output, not the rule. But on the other hand, for every title they cancel they introduce at least one new one, and probably more. All of this is relative to a constant jockeying for position in a highly competitive and volatile marketplace, always searching for the next big thing. Some books start strong enough in sales, but then fizzle out in less than a year. DE is just below the Big 5 (Marvel, DC, Image, IDW, Dark Horse) and is the youngest of these, trying to nip at the heels of Numbers 4 and 5. Since DE is big on licensed titles, that's another area in which they compete with Dark Horse and IDW (especially), to grab the best franchises.

But I understand what you're saying. It would be nice if Dynamite had some sort of stable core of a dozen or so titles that you could pretty much count on month-to-month. It also helps give the company an identity. It seems to be getting harder and harder to do for all comics publishers these days. It's only been 2 years since DC's 'New 52' reboot, and less than half of the original 52 titles they launched with in September 2011 are still being published - yet for at least part of those 2 years (varying from month to month after the first 6 months), DC was the #1 publisher! I know a lot of us Dynamite readers are sort of 'refugees' from Marvel and DC, and are looking for a kind of stability that those companies aren't providing their readers with any more.

Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    I know a lot of us Dynamite readers are sort of 'refugees' from Marvel and DC, and are looking for a kind of stability that those companies aren't providing their readers with any more.
    At least it isn't the death sentence for the character that it used to be...

Wow, imagine that Dynamite plans on canning this title, Ahaha.. I liked this title and usually those titles I like get canned from Dynamite. That's why I replaced Dynamite with Valiant but the new announced Gold Key titles coming out soon are intriguing enough to buy Dynamite stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
    Maybe the two of them should have a crossover book in March.
    Not sure if you're actually hinting that you might have read this somewhere, but it's a good idea anyway. Vampirella/Miss Fury. I like it better than Black Sparrow/Miss Fury (aka NOIR).

Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    Not sure if you're actually hinting that you might have read this somewhere...
    Sadly, no.

Very sad to see this amazing book go, it's been a pleasure to read since it's inception. Phenomenal plot and exceptional art.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!