Page 131 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1429

Thread: The ERD/John Carter/Tarzan/Dejah/WOM MEGATHREAD!

The artwork on this latest storyline has been amazing!!! Keep this artist on even if Warlord of Mars is a series of mini series!

Definitely looking forward to issue !00!!! A great achievement for this ERB fan of Barsoom stories!
    Last edited by Blinky McQuade; 01-22-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Or maybe they'll combine both ongoing series (WoM and Dejah Thoris) into one title and have two separate storylines, picking up the numbering with #101?

As long as DE continues to publish ERB characters (either licensed or under the public domain rule), I will be buying! DE has been publishing the best Barsoom and Tarzan stuff in comics period!

G'day,

I can't find any information on DE/ERB legal case since 2012. One of the reasons ERB inc gave for taking action was that the nudie artwork of Dejah Thoris effected their brand. Considering that DE was basically running with the way the characters have been drawn for decades that seemed dubious to me. However I'm not a lawyer, maybe we will see a new series with the Dejah having a better wardrobe.

I do hope their ERB survives in one form or another. I stopped reading comics for years and only came back to it because of the stuff DE was doing. The other stuff pre 1923 stuff thats in the public domain include the first two Pellucidar novels and Caspak. I woul like to see them have a go at those too.

ta

Ralph
    Last edited by ralphuniverse; 01-24-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphuniverse View Post
    I can't find any information on DE/ERB legal case since 2012. One of the reasons ERB inc gave for taking action was that the nudie artwork of Dejah Thoris effected their brand. Considering that DE was basically running with the way the characters have been drawn for decades that seemed dubious to me. However I'm not a lawyer, maybe we will see a new series with the Dejah having a better wardrobe.
    Not when you take the John Carter movie into consideration. That opened up the possibility of spinoff toys, animated cartoons, etc. ERB Inc. can certainly change their minds regarding how Dejah Thoris has traditionally been portrayed in the past in illustrations and cover art.

I hope they are not ending with a bang with #100. The latest issue, this week, had some awesome artwork!!! The spin off titles have been a little hit and miss. The regular WOMT ongoing title has been good. I hope there is more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky McQuade View Post
    I hope they are not ending with a bang with #100. The latest issue, this week, had some awesome artwork!!! The spin off titles have been a little hit and miss. The regular WOMT ongoing title has been good. I hope there is more.
    You just can't type colon capital D without it turning into a smiley. I am really enjoying "Tyrant of Mars" (even if I can't really imagine John Carter calling anyone an "asshole"). I've no idea where Arvid Nelson is going with this, and I haven't got a clue about who is masquerading as Tardos Mors, but I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    You just can't type colon capital D without it turning into a smiley. I am really enjoying "Tyrant of Mars" (even if I can't really imagine John Carter calling anyone an "asshole"). I've no idea where Arvid Nelson is going with this, and I haven't got a clue about who is masquerading as Tardos Mors, but I'm loving it.
    I am in my late forties and I guess I have a lot to learn about emoticons and what makes them.

I too am not happy with harsh language in my comics entertainment. It won't stop me from enjoying the overall piece. Maybe J.C. should have called him a Calot? Or use the ancient cussing format of @%%-#$^*? Hopefully, that is not another emoticon translation.

I was just looking to see which story arcs made up which trade paperbacks in the regular Warlord of Mars and Dejah Thoris series, and it occurred to me: DE has reached the end of the public domain John Carter stories it can adapt. #100 might be some kind of "anniversary & farewell" issue, to be followed up by something less character-specific, more like World of Barsoom or some such generic title, which would open up the series for further public domain ERB Mars adaptations, as well as original stories featuring both John Carter and Dejah Thoris. We might even see stories featuring Gullivar Jones, "Tarzan, Lord of Mars" (a sequel to the Lords of Mars miniseries), or a sequel to Fall of Barsoom, interspersed between arcs adapting such ERB public domain novels as The Chessmen of Mars and The Master Mind of Mars. That would give DE one ongoing title that was, in effect, a series of miniseries, featuring different characters, with the common thread being that they're all taking place on Barsoom. Also, a new #1 would serve as a jumping-on point for new readers. Meanwhile, they could continue to collect the various arcs in trade paperbacks according to character, adding additional volumes to the Warlord of Mars, Dejah Thoris, Warrior of Mars, and Fall of Barsoom series, while collecting the non-Carter ERB novels under the World of Barsoom title.
    Last edited by pulphero; 02-01-2014 at 02:15 AM.

G'day,

I now think we will be seeing more of John Carter & co from Dynamite. Lords of Mars ended with Tarzan still on Mars. If they wanted to stop doing ERB they would have been more likely to return him to Earth. As you said they can still do original stories and even Pellucidar. Until a few weeks ago there were four ERB titles from them, Lords, Warlord of Mars, Dejah thoris and the Dejah Green Men mini series. It appears to me ERB is a good cash cow for them. I can't see DE killing it unless the legal stuff went against them.

And I still think my idea of a Burroughs Now series would work.

ta

Ralph