Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Warlord of Mars... ending?

Actually, I Google pretty well, but the actual solicits continue to elude me. These aren't strictly the solicits, though Westfield must have gotten them from somewhere.

Not unexpected, but another pulp hero bites the dust as Black Bat concludes with #12. That just leaves Dejah, Doc Savage, and Howard Chaykin's Shadow miniseries Midnight in Moscow.

Quote Originally Posted by pulphero View Post
    Not unexpected, but another pulp hero bites the dust as Black Bat concludes with #12. That just leaves Dejah, Doc Savage, and Howard Chaykin's Shadow miniseries Midnight in Moscow.
    Well I regard this as an opportunity to save some money for a few months as I think we will see a few more pulp mini series from DE. I expect another "Lords of Mars" mini series and wouldn't be surprised to see "Carter of Mars " or maybe Carthoris . I suspect the reason the book is called "Dejah or Mars" not Dejah Thoris of Mars" has to do with the trademark legal issues.

ta

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by ralphuniverse View Post
    Well I regard this as an opportunity to save some money for a few months as I think we will see a few more pulp mini series from DE. I expect another "Lords of Mars" mini series and wouldn't be surprised to see "Carter of Mars " or maybe Carthoris . I suspect the reason the book is called "Dejah or Mars" not Dejah Thoris of Mars" has to do with the trademark legal issues.

ta

Ralph
    My thought exactly. Which is why you won't see the title "Carter of Mars". There is some sort of ERB "event" in the offing, for sure.

Aha, at last the solicits are out!!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...ynamitemay.htm

At least we have Dejah of Mars series! Hopefully more Warlord of Mars in the future. At least we have Flash Gordon coming! The similar but somewhat free-er version for the earthling on another planet concept.

I'm honestly far less interested in a Dejah-centric Mars title than a John Carter one. :/ I'll get it later as part of the Mars saga, of course, but I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of John Carter...

G'day,

It seems its Dejah with those nudie covers that bringing in the sales but I'll bet you a dollar we will see John Carter soon enough. He's bound to pop up in the mini series and Lords of Mars didn't really finish it just stopped. My guess is they are working a on a way to bring him back with his own mini series but without annoying ERB inc too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    I'm honestly far less interested in a Dejah-centric Mars title than a John Carter one. :/ I'll get it later as part of the Mars saga, of course, but I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of John Carter...

Quote Originally Posted by ralphuniverse View Post
    It seems its Dejah with those nudie covers that bringing in the sales but I'll bet you a dollar we will see John Carter soon enough.
    Hopefully in his own nudie covers this time.

is Warlord of Mars #100 really coming out before Warlord of Mars #35? Does that make this issue really Warlord of Mars #99?

I am glad there will be more Barsoomian adventures after #100 --the Dejah of Mars mini for example! Thank you Dynamite!