Thread: Lady Rawhide #3

Default Lady Rawhide #3

This was worth the wait. Great cover, phenomenal interior art, fun story. In a way I'm glad this is only a 5 issue run. With the demise of Vampirella, I can't help but remember how well Eric set up von Kreist's return only to have it utterly and completely wasted by the subsequent writer. My hope is that Dynamite keeps this writer-artist pair together for future, limited-run adventures of Lady Rawhide. Anything else would be a disappointment; the bar is just set too high!

Quote Originally Posted by rlvaugh View Post
    This was worth the wait. Great cover, phenomenal interior art, fun story. In a way I'm glad this is only a 5 issue run. With the demise of Vampirella, I can't help but remember how well Eric set up von Kreist's return only to have it utterly and completely wasted by the subsequent writer. My hope is that Dynamite keeps this writer-artist pair together for future, limited-run adventures of Lady Rawhide. Anything else would be a disappointment; the bar is just set too high!
    Don't worry. I'm sure I can let you down all on my own.

-E
    ---
    Eric Trautmann
    Writer/editor/graphic-designer/smart-alec
    www.erictrautmann.us

The brewing romance between LR and Reyes is well done. Not overplayed, realistic, and very unexpected for a comic. You rarely see this with a bad girl but should. Really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by rlvaugh View Post
    The brewing romance between LR and Reyes is well done. Not overplayed, realistic, and very unexpected for a comic. You rarely see this with a bad girl but should. Really enjoying it.
    It seemed appropriate. The Martin Campbell Zorro films handled that well—Zorro romancing the daughter of his enemy. I figured turning it on its head a bit might work. Kind of a Batman/Catwoman vibe to it, too, without being too much of a direct lift, I hope.

Glad you're digging the book!

-E
    ---
    Eric Trautmann
    Writer/editor/graphic-designer/smart-alec
    www.erictrautmann.us

I never read the original 90's TOPPS series when this was created but opted to give it a try when DE launched it, like I did with Vampirella.
    I've really been impressed with this opening arc.

I'll make a pitch for something I like to see in books like this for what it's worth.
    Anytime the writers can associate, however fringe and with whatever liberties for the story purpose is needed, and tie to historical places, events and people I would like that. And if they do and I don't know any indices somewhere in the issue would be awesome for research later on the readers own time.
    Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings - Optimus Prime.
    I'm on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Default Lady Rawhide #3

I was also impressed...I'd really be excited for a monthly book or some one-shots...anything to get some momentum going...I missed this character a lot and am glad to have her back!