Thread: Lone Ranger #25 - final issue.

Default Lone Ranger #25 - final issue.

A fitting sendoff for a consistently high quality series. I enjoyed Ande Parks and Esteve Polls' run on this 2nd series even more than the first DE Lone Ranger series. I appreciated the nice little epilogue revisiting the high points of the series run at the end of this, sending the Lone Ranger off into the mists of historical legend and the mythology of the old west.

It's unfortunate that it just doesn't seem to be enough to create a well-written, well-drawn comic book to guarantee continued publication. I guess our current society (or at least the portion of it comprised by comic book readers) has fallen out of love with the old west as a story genre, something that even DC discovered, by the cancellation of its own western series, All Star Western. At least I'll be able to go back and re-read them whenever I get a hankerin' for some good old-fashioned comic book stories. I'll be double-dipping on the final trade collection to show my appreciation.

Thanks, Ande and Esteve, it's been a fun ride.

I've read the first Lone Ranger series, but haven't read much of this one. I'll have to try it.