Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really having withdrawals from no new Red Sonja TPBs out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really having withdrawals from no new Red Sonja TPBs out...

Y'see, I don't collect the monthly comic, but the trades when they come out. I'm really looking forward to Volume 2 which is supposed to out soon.
    Any news how much closer this is to coming out?

This actually came up a few weeks ago. The word from Joe is that the books are at the printer and that he will advise of the release dates as soon as he has them.

Tommy.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

You mean Vol. 2 as in the paperback for the current Red Sonja series? Could have sworn that came out unless you mean the Adventures Vol. 2 old series? Who knows, but I could have sworn I saw it, but like I said who knows. Either way, I am in the same boat. I used to collect the single issues since #7, but then realized how pricey it was to spend $3 a month on essentially a cover when I could get all the covers and spend way less on the collected edition when bought online. My only beef with Dynamite is the lack of real concrete information on these things and set shipping dates not being correct or pushed back greatly on a lot of their books. Like for example, the first Red Sonja HC was solicited for a year+ until it actually came out. Savage Red Sonja's HC was advanced solicited eons ago and to come out in May and yet it has not.

On top of that, from an thread I read that for some reason making more hardcover editions for the one series that put DE on the map is not a priority for them. Just does not strike a lot of faith as a fan of some of their books that collected editions and single issues as well as other merchandise has to come on a rare blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiso
        You mean Vol. 2 as in the paperback for the current Red Sonja series? Could have sworn that came out unless you mean the Adventures Vol. 2 old series? Who knows, but I could have sworn I saw it, but like I said who knows.

The Vol. II "Arrowsmiths" TPB would be the one you're thinking of. It's not out yet.

Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy

The Vol. II "Arrowsmiths" TPB would be the one you're thinking of. It's not out yet.

Tommy.
          I'm awaiting the reprinted Volume 1 and the Volume 2 of the old Marvel stories . Seems they were cancelled off one of the recent Diamond solicitations so like to know when / if they are coming out.

Terry

The Robert E Howard Comics Group
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/
          READ THE CONAN NEWSPAPER STRIP AT
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup2/

Comment

Originally posted by terryallenuk
            I'm awaiting the reprinted Volume 1 and the Volume 2 of the old Marvel stories . Seems they were cancelled off one of the recent Diamond solicitations so like to know when / if they are coming out.

Terry

Hey Terry! For convenience, I'll put the original TPB's query of a couple of weeks back up again in this thread, along with Joe's reply - the information in which is the most current available to me...

Originally posted by Boomvavavoom
            (Original query posted at Newsarama, Re: Red Sonja TPB's...)

Where's volume 2 and 3, and the promised reprint with improved linework of volume 1, of the original Marvel material?

Where is volume 2 (particularly the solicitation for the HARDCOVER) of the current regular series?

Where's The Cho hardcover?
            Originally posted by Joe Rybandt
            No ongoing Sonja hardcovers, but we have discussed how to put a program together; the other books are at the printer and I'll advise of an in-store date when I have it...

/joe
            (bold emphasis mine)

Tommy.
            Last edited by Tommy; 06-18-2007, 11:07 AM. Reason: Me tags was broken, they was... :)

Comment

Cheers Tommy , I'll be looking forward to them.

Terry

The Robert E Howard Comics Group
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/
              READ THE CONAN NEWSPAPER STRIP AT
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup2/

Comment

I'm really waiting for the Volume 2 and 3 of the original Marvel series collections.

It's a might aggravating that they are continually advertised in the Red Sonja books, but they aren't even close to actually being available.

Comment

Looks like the July Previews catalog will have some new Sonja TPB/HCs as well as some resolicitations:

JUL07 3420 RED SONJA TRAVELS TP SRP: $14.99
                  JUL07 3422 RED SONJA VOL 2 ARROWSMITH HC (C: 0-1-2) SRP: $19.99
                  JUL07 3423 RED SONJA VOL 2 ARROWSMITH ADAM HUGHES CVR TP (Res) (C: 0-1-2) SRP: $14.99
                  JUL07 3424 RED SONJA VOL 2 ARROWSMITH JIM LEE CVR PX TP (Res) (C: 0-1-2) SRP: $14.99
                  JUL07 3426 ADVENTURES OF RED SONJA VOL 1 TP (NEW ED) (Res) SRP: $19.99
                  JUL07 3427 ADVENTURES OF RED SONJA VOL 2 SHE DEVIL WITH SWORD TP (Res) SRP: $19.99

Comment

Well at least I'll finally be able to get the second Marvel trade after all these months that it's been listed as being out in the comics.

Comment

So wait, Vol. 2 for the ongoing never actually did come out? Dynamite is really losing me as a fan with all these damn delays. I just saw that Lone Ranger is getting its trade next week, yet what happened to the HC that should have come out first? Well at least I have a reason now to pick-up my free PREVIEWS book this coming Wednesday so I can put in the Red Sonja Vol. 2 Arrowsmith HC. Still waiting for my PX Savage Red Sonja HC too and I am going to go out on a limb and say not to expect that Lisner statue I put $50 down in August either?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiso
                        So wait, Vol. 2 for the ongoing never actually did come out? Dynamite is really losing me as a fan with all these damn delays. I just saw that Lone Ranger is getting its trade next week, yet what happened to the HC that should have come out first? Well at least I have a reason now to pick-up my free PREVIEWS book this coming Wednesday so I can put in the Red Sonja Vol. 2 Arrowsmith HC. Still waiting for my PX Savage Red Sonja HC too and I am going to go out on a limb and say not to expect that Lisner statue I put $50 down in August either?

Here's the official word from Joe -

Originally posted by Joe Rybandt
                        Delay's happen, it's just the way things (unfortunately) are: the Linsner statue is being produced and a slew of TPB's and HC's are on their way from their overseas printer, keep the faith, these things will make their way to you.

/joe

Tommy.

Comment

Of course delays happen, but Dynamite is no stranger to delays. Most of their comics back in the day were horribly delayed, some still are. I mean Dynamite is an independent, but not so unknown that people would not know about their products. I just do not understand, as a fan, how a product could be advanced ordered, like that Adam Hughes Red Sonja statue or Savage Red Sonja HC and still not be in stores or have to be re-solicited. I am even dumbfounded how Red Sonja Vol. 2 TPB has not come out yet and that should have been in stores eons ago. The only good news from that delay is that there is a Vol. 2 HC of it now as well.

I know fans will accept the delays for their devotion, but for every fan like that there is one who will finally stand up and say forget it and just move on to another book that actually does come out. Vote with their buck because these things are not coming out. Sure they will make their way to me, after I stopped caring. I mean if Dynamite is going to keep having these "unexpected" delays maybe I should not bother to Previews order them then from now on and if they come out maybe I will get them, maybe from now on.

Comment

Working...
                          X