Why the Flap...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Flap...

...and by that I mean holster flap. it seems to me that it would slow LR down on the draw. Although it does make him look more law and order type like a mountie. There is a scene in the old Robert ryan movie The Canadians that adresses why mounties wear flaps and Americans don't and I can kinda see it here but it is a bit weird though.

holster

i never noticed it. what was the explanation for the canadians?-cindy

Originally posted by tonto
    ...and by that I mean holster flap. it seems to me that it would slow LR down on the draw. Although it does make him look more law and order type like a mountie. There is a scene in the old Robert ryan movie The Canadians that adresses why mounties wear flaps and Americans don't and I can kinda see it here but it is a bit weird though.

Comment

In the Canadians the explaination given when an American Cowboy asks a mountie why they wear flaps is that the Royal govt. sent the army and mounted soldiers into their frontier first before the mass influx of settlers establishing law and order in towns. With the rules already drawn it was less likely for the common man to step over the line. The opposite happened here where those with a disposition to survive regardless of "civilized" law got out west first and you know the rest. The exception being the Texas Rangers who were by no means Mounties and in some cases weren't to civilized themselves.

Comment

Working...
      X