Has anyone seen this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wandering Barbarian
    On a related note, why is DE claiming on the inside front cover that Red Sonja is a Howard character because she is NOT!
    Yeah that’s kind of ironic, especially since “…The complaint also alleges that Paradox has made other efforts to create confusion between the characters”

If anything is creating confusion between the characters or muddying the waters, it’s claims like that.
    Howard did not create Sonja.
    But on the same note Paradox should make sure their Sonya is not being intentionally confused with the She-Devil with a Sword.
    Last edited by Guicho; 07-17-2007, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
      RS is off on her own trajectory. I really wonder how many Conan / Howard fans are following her at this stage. I doubt whether any of them at all are intersted in seeing her teamed up with Spidey, for example.
      Well, at least one Conan/Howard fan. And I´ve been a Spider-Man/Marvel fan for even longer, so I´m ok with that team-up too.

Comment

I wonder how much Red Sonja is worth as a character? Let's just pool our money and buy her.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
          I think the world of Hyboria is handled sloppily by DE. I'm not sure they deserve to keep it. Dark Horse have tried to substitute the character Janissa for RS, which has been one of the least successful aspects of the new Conan. Personally I think they should stick more to developing authentic Howard characters: he was capable of depicting strong women such as Belit and Valeria.

RS is off on her own trajectory. I really wonder how many Conan / Howard fans are following her at this stage. I doubt whether any of them at all are intersted in seeing her teamed up with Spidey, for example.
          I agree regarding Janissa. DH did try to bring her as a replacement for RS and I agree it has been a lame attempt. But otherwise, DH has done an exceptional job with Conan with some exceptions mostly on the side projects.

I post on the Conan boards and majority of the Conan followers, including myself, are not thrilled the way RS has been handled by DE.

Comment

Originally posted by pvehk
            Well, at least one Conan/Howard fan. And I´ve been a Spider-Man/Marvel fan for even longer, so I´m ok with that team-up too.
            I'm also another Conan fan still following RS but not too happy the way it is going. And I'm also a big Spider-man fan but do not like these types of cross-overs that "pollute" the originality of the character and its settings.

Comment

So what is it that makes people unhappy about DE rendition of Sonja? I myself really enjoy it. It happens to be on the top of my list of favorites right now and it seems to get better every month, IMHO. And I am very intrigued and excited about the cross over with Spidey. Spidey is first and foremost my favorite character with Red up there in the top 10 and when I heard they were teaming up again I got almost giddy. But anyway, back to my original point, I would be more than a little upset if DE lost the rights to use her and she got shelved by the new owner. And I also like that they have distanced her from Conan. But those are just my 0.02$.

Comment

Originally posted by ezwind72
                So what is it that makes people unhappy about DE rendition of Sonja? I myself really enjoy it. It happens to be on the top of my list of favorites right now and it seems to get better every month, IMHO. And I am very intrigued and excited about the cross over with Spidey. Spidey is first and foremost my favorite character with Red up there in the top 10 and when I heard they were teaming up again I got almost giddy. But anyway, back to my original point, I would be more than a little upset if DE lost the rights to use her and she got shelved by the new owner. And I also like that they have distanced her from Conan. But those are just my 0.02$.
                The DE Sonja to me only has three emotions from what I have read. Upset, Pissed Off, and chop your head off angry. I have not seen recent issues, but the few issues where they try to have her kind and caring just feels, fake to me. I guess a better word to describe Sonja is Hard. She is just too hard, I prefer the idea she is confident but struggles at times also being insecure. By giving her more emotions means you can come up with more complex plot lines.

As for a Spidey / Sonja Team up. Ugg! That means they are part of the same world. That goes along with Transformers and Spidey team up, then the G.I.Joe vs. Transformers. Basically you've just made it so all characters are part of the same universe. YUCK! I just don’t think a "Super-Hero" like Spidey should ever be teamed up with an "Extraordinary-hero" like Sonja, especially when they do not come from the same universe. / World etc...

In the long run, I don’t mind who gets control of Sonja legally, as long as they give her more personality and complex plot lines. If DE actually reads these forums and pays attention to the fans then I think they could achieve the best results for her.

Thats my .02 *Ka-Ching*

Comment

Originally posted by P~~
                  The DE Sonja to me only has three emotions from what I have read. Upset, Pissed Off, and chop your head off angry. I have not seen recent issues, but the few issues where they try to have her kind and caring just feels, fake to me. I guess a better word to describe Sonja is Hard. She is just too hard, I prefer the idea she is confident but struggles at times also being insecure. By giving her more emotions means you can come up with more complex plot lines.
                  I guess I never thought of it like that. Reading some of the older Marvel comics, I see what you mean. That is one thing they could improve on, you're right. I still think the series as a whole is pretty great though. Perhaps Brain Reed can bring a more caring side to her.

Originally posted by P~~
                  As for a Spidey / Sonja Team up. Ugg! That means they are part of the same world. That goes along with Transformers and Spidey team up, then the G.I.Joe vs. Transformers. Basically you've just made it so all characters are part of the same universe. YUCK! I just don’t think a "Super-Hero" like Spidey should ever be teamed up with an "Extraordinary-hero" like Sonja, especially when they do not come from the same universe. / World etc...
                  I think I may be alone in my excitement for this one! I still think it'll be great fun!

Comment

I think I may be alone in my excitement for this one! I still think it'll be great fun!
                    I feel your pain, but not on this one. Think back to when Wolvering beat Sonja in a "What If". Suddenly she looked like Jean Grey to him and she found someone who defeated her. Well, is Spidey going to get to defeat her and then think she looks like Mary Jane (MJ), and because she lost she is alright being with Spidey? DE dont let it happen.

Comment

I certainly don't believe for an instant that you'll be alone on that one! It's the kind of project which is tailor-made for those readers who enjoyed the old Marvel crossover between these two heroes, and for those who might be relatively new to either or both characters who like the idea of a face-off.

Originally posted by P~~
                      Well, is Spidey going to get to defeat her and then think she looks like Mary Jane (MJ), and because she lost she is alright being with Spidey? DE dont let it happen.
                      I truly doubt that such would occur in this mini-series. I just don't see it happening.

Tommy.
                      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

I find the story and plot very boring. The pace too slow. Every single arc seems like forcefully extended. For example, the first arc could have been done in no more than 3-4 instead of 6. The end was awful and the "surprised" secret of the celestial one was just too lame. That is just an example. The continued storyline of Kulan Gath has just been extended for way too long. I like wandering Sonja with new and different advantures to look forward to.

I do like the art though, Rubi is awesome and Homs is good... if only the storyline can match with the art.

Comment

Working...
                        X