• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Ranger vs. Zorro?

By Ruben Procopio.

by unknown

by Aurora models
    Last edited by Guicho; 06-15-2009, 08:35 PM.

Zorro takes place about 60 years before the lone ranger.

-_-

But the Lone Ranger could meet up with Zorro's fam

OR the Real Zorro from American History!!!!

Comment

Yeah I don't really need to see them ever interact or exist in the same time or universe, they don't.
      I think it would actually take away from both.
      But they have existed together in other media outside comics, tv, radio and movies, like those Aurora models, Procupio's statues or that book cover image above. I just wanted to have a thread collecting some of those images.
      This was actually originally a thread pimping a silly vs. thread I got swept into on Newsaramahttp://forum.newsarama.com/showthrea...ro+lone+ranger but I changed it here to focus a bit more on the positive aspect and things both characters may actually share.

Like when Filmation shared the license to do an animated series for both. I think that's actually the last time one company had them together.
      That had to be one of the greatest hours of television for any kid! Along with Tarzan and Flash Gordon.

Or when Aurora Models shared the license for both, here's the box art from their catalog.
      Last edited by Guicho; 06-15-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

oooo that is neat

Comment

Here's another funny thing they share in common, before he played the Lone Ranger, Clayton Moore stared as The Ghost of Zorro (1949) the grandson of Zorro.

So if they ever did do a Lone Ranger vs. Zorro crossover they could have Clayton Moore (Lone Ranger) vs. himself Clayton Moore ( Ghost of Zorro).
          And the timelines would sink up perfect because it's Zorro's Grandson.
          Last edited by Guicho; 06-15-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

And another odd pairing. Legend of the Lone Ranger + Zorro (1952)???

Got to love the customer reviews, talk about false-advertising!
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ustomerReviews
            Last edited by Guicho; 08-02-2007, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Haha! Somebody is trying to make a few bucks on a bootleg disc [I've seen more than a few daikaiju movies like this - wonder if they're being done by the same people?]. That's Duncan Regehr as Zorro on the cover - if the Zorro material is related then whatever they used on the disc is from the 1989-1993 Zorro series produced by New World Television. [That series unfortunately has yet to see a proper DVD release, not even sure who owns it].
              Last edited by The Shadow; 08-02-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
                That's Duncan Regehr as Zorro on the cover - if the Zorro material is related then whatever they used on the disc is from the 1989-1993 Zorro series produced by New World Television. [That series unfortunately has yet to see a proper DVD release, not even sure who owns it].
                I loved that series. However, I'm sure the Zorro film on that DVD is the 1970s version from Italy starring Alain Dion. That is the only Zorro movie I've ever seen on those $1 DVDs. It's not complete crap, but it's nothing to brag about either. And the soundtrack seems to consist entirely of one annoying song playing in a loop.
                DECODER RING THEATRE
                EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Two images by David Michal Beck http://www.davidmichaelbeck.com/index.asp
                  Last edited by Guicho; 11-01-2007, 10:32 PM.

Comment

and...

...OK not really, but close!

Comment

Originally posted by Guicho
                      And another odd pairing. Legend of the Lone Ranger + Zorro (1952)???

Got to love the customer reviews, talk about false-advertising!
                      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ustomerReviews
                      I got this at a local Walgreens expecting the 80's movie version. Man, was I pissed when it was the classic TV show, which I already have, with a better picture to boot! This POS found it way right into the old circular file!

Comment

Lone Ranger & Zorro sketch by our own Lone Ranger artist Sergio Cariello.

Comment

I imagine everyone picked this up

Comment

That's a sweet sketch by our intrepid artist!

Comment

Vol.2

And here's a gorgeous drawing by Samnee
                              Last edited by Guicho; 06-15-2009, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X