Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice / Question

Hello all,

So as a writer I like to express what the characters are thinking. Sort of like when you read a comic you get to see the thoughts. I get really board with type "And Sonja thought ... blah blah blah" How does everyone feel if a { Blah, blah } is used like the " blah blah " is used for talking?

Lastly, what sort of villains do you want to see for Sonja? There is no right or wrong answer, just curious if others feel the same that I do.

Originally posted by P~~
    So as a writer I like to express what the characters are thinking. Sort of like when you read a comic you get to see the thoughts. I get really board with type "And Sonja thought ... blah blah blah" How does everyone feel if a { Blah, blah } is used like the " blah blah " is used for talking?
    You're thinking of introducing a new species of punctuation? I don't see the necessity. You don't always need quotation marks for thought; and even if you do, I can't see that typing {blah blah} is any less boring than "blah blah." Perhaps I've missed the point.

Lastly, what sort of villains do you want to see for Sonja? There is no right or wrong answer, just curious if others feel the same that I do.
    Original and interesting ones. Actually, I'm usually of the opinion that Sonja's biggest enemy is herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax
      Original and interesting ones. Actually, I'm usually of the opinion that Sonja's biggest enemy is herself.
      Very nice answer! I truely love that one! No repeat answers, what else do we have out there?

Comment

Originally posted by P~~
        Hello all,

Italics are often used to differentiate printed thoughts from printed speech, if you're looking for something different...

Tommy.
        Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Originally posted by P~~
          New, unique, and different ones with 2-3 issue arcs. Wizards, monsters, bad and good kings, rulers that Sonja may be hired for as a mercenary or face off against, getting involved in wars and going out on advantures... etc. etc.

Comment

I suppose, you could also try first-person narrative (let Sonja tell the story herself)?
            As for bad guys, I agree with mr. Barbarian.

Comment

Working...
            X