Sword of Red Sonja: Doom of the Gods #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sword of Red Sonja: Doom of the Gods #1

New Red Sonja mini-series... Did not see this on main DE site (I think the site is not being updated). Found it when placing my August order with Mailorder Comics .

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...p-C108229.html

SWORD OF RED SONJA: DOOM OF THE GODS #1
    PRICE:
    $3.50

DIAMOND ORDER CODE: AUG07 3495

Based on the Heroine created by Robert E. Howard

Rating: TBD
    Covers: Paul Renaud (50%), Aaron Lopresti (25%), and Mel Rubi (25%)
    Writer: Luke Lieberman
    Penciller: Lui Antonio
    Colorist: Will Murai
    Genre: SWORD AND SORCERY/FANTASY
    Awards: None
    Publication Date: OCTOBER, 2007
    Format: Comic Book
    Rights: WW
    Age range: TBD
    Marketing Description: DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT presents the follow-Up to last years' smash Red Sonja vs. Thulsa Doom mini-series!
    Doom of the Gods features the return of Red Sonja writer Luke Lieberman and the debut of Lui Antonio (featuring the stunning colors of Will (SAVAGE Red Sonja: QUEEN OF THE FROZEN WASTES) Murai as they present a tale of old gods, new gods, madness and death!
    Featuring cover art by Paul (Red Sonja: VACANT SHELL) Renaud (50%), Aaron (Incredible Hulk) Lopresti (25%) and Mel (Red Sonja/Spider-Man) Rubi (25%)!
    Retailer Incentives:
    #1: FOR EVERY 15 COPIES ORDERED AND RECEIVED, RETAILERS WILL RECEIVE A VIRGIN RENAUD COVER AT NET COST.
    #2: FOR EVERY 25 COPIES ORDERED AND RECEIVED, RETAILERS WILL RECEIVE A SKETCH LOPRESTI COVER AT NET COST.

Not sure I understand. This item is on the site, in the titles section. From memory, something similar to this has come up before - can you clarify where it is you're looking that items are not appearing, including a link, and I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this...

Tommy.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

All good covers...but I think I like the Rudi one the best. Very haunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy

Not sure I understand. This item is on the site, in the titles section. From memory, something similar to this has come up before - can you clarify where it is you're looking that items are not appearing, including a link, and I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this...

Tommy.
        The main web page... http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/htmlfiles/
        I always go this page... All new titles used be displayed here before unless something has changed.

How come Red Sonja #28 is listed as a top seller when it is not even out?

Savage Tales #4 2nd title has not been shown for weeks now... That was a July order.

Jungle Girl #2 is missing even from the titles section.

Comment

Okay - I'll immediately forward all this to Joe and find out what's going on mate. In relation to the bestseller query, I've frequently seen this with upcoming issues for a number of titles. I think it may be based on pre-orders or orders from suppliers BUT I'm not sure. I should have some answers for you post haste.

Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy

Okay - I'll immediately forward all this to Joe and find out what's going on mate. In relation to the bestseller query, I've frequently seen this with upcoming issues for a number of titles. I think it may be based on pre-orders or orders from suppliers BUT I'm not sure. I should have some answers for you post haste.

Tommy.
            Using same logic, Savage Tales #4 should have been there much before Red Sonja #28 but it never made it to the title page...? That is why I'm confused how the web site is now being used. It was different few months ago. Everything up coming would show up on the main page with links to then their details.

Comment

Here's the official word from Joe -

Originally posted by Wandering Barbarian
              The main web page... http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/htmlfiles/ I always go this page... All new titles used be displayed here before unless something has changed.
              Originally posted by Joe Rybandt
              Main page has different goals, titles page is best place for regular updates...

How come Red Sonja #28 is listed as a top seller when it is not even out?

Savage Tales #4 2nd title has not been shown for weeks now... That was a July order.

Jungle Girl #2 is missing even from the titles section.
              Originally posted by Joe Rybandt
              Pre-orders most likely... and after a deal, we're sending Jungle Girl #0 and #1 to press this week... look for regular shipping after that...

Tommy.

Comment

Thanks for sorting it out...

I will go to Titles section from now on.

Any word on the 2nd title for Savage Tales #4 by Sejic?

Thanks!

Comment

Any word on the 2nd title for Savage Tales #4 by Sejic?
                  At this stage, no - but believe you me, I am awaiting Sejic's cover for this one as eagerly as yourself. The minute I get wind of it it'll be up here.

Tommy.

Comment

New Red Sonja mini-series...
                    how mini??

Comment

Originally posted by boomvavavoom
                      how mini??
                      Don't know... I'd guess 4 or 5 parts based on the mini-series format so far.

Comment

I have seen four separate covers for this from a top-notch artist, so I'm tipping four issues.

Tommy.

Comment

BTW, I like Paul Renaud cover, so probably will go for that one...

Comment

BTW, I like Paul Renaud cover, so probably will go for that one...

Ditto. Paul's work is, as always, excellent.

Tommy.

Comment

Doom of the Gods

The series is coming out in October I think - I am proud of this one

basically it was inspired by one of my favorite movies - Apocalypse Now. It is a story about descending into the heart of darkness - and finding Thulsa Doom.

It really delves into Sonja's psychology and the underside of her nature - oh and Thulsa is totally out of his mind ; - )

This is the best Sonja story I have written.

Comment

Working...
                              X