Lone Ranger #10 Cover Art!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadMikeyD
    started a topic Lone Ranger #10 Cover Art!

Lone Ranger #10 Cover Art!

The cover art for #10 is up! Quite a departure from previous covers. I don't know if it's going to stay just red-on-white like it is, but it makes for an interesting cover. I rather like the simplicity of it, to be honest.

Guest replied
    Very awesome....that's why I ordered them...though I was hoping for a little more color on the color variant.

Peter

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    WOW! That's pretty awesome.

Leave a comment:

• MadMikeyD
    replied
    Here is the final art for the Comic Collector Live variant covers:

B&W Variant

Color Variant

Leave a comment:

• MadMikeyD
    replied
    According to the newsletter today LONE RANGER #10 ships Nov. 21 - a perfect four weeks after #9!!! Although, after that cliff-hanger, even that is an awful long wait .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hey it’s the classic and easily recognizable Lone Ranger mask, (which he doesn’t actually wear in the comic or cover) dripped out in blood. Groovy!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Cindy,

Yup 40.00$ each. A little pricey but for us Canadians having our dollar reach and surpass the US dollar, it's like a gift. A few years back a 40.00$ US priced comic would run me almost 60.00$ in Canadian funds, not counting the shipping.

As a completist I had to have it...there was also a 19.00$ issue, no cover art, described as a "color version". Hey now that I think about it, maybe those "die hards" might take a shine to a colorized version of the black and white...less bad boy/punisher

Peter

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    alternate 10

just saw the website. is he saying he's charging $40 for each issue of that version?
    [still relatively broke] cindy

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied

Originally posted by Lone Ranger
    I think DE has experienced this with BSG.
    Ohhhhhh yeh...

Tommy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Huh?

Nicely put, IMO.
    Cindy

Originally posted by Ranger01
    Lone Ranger,

I do not get it, 'bad boy' 'punisher' avoided like the plague...what on earth?

As head honcho of the Ranger Fan Club you gotta explain.

I get the impression that if die hard fans had they're way Rob and Laura Petrie would still be in separate beds. Is this B & W cover really a source of such angst. This is the same Ranger people but you're getting a dose of reality (so to speak).

A young man has his father, brother and friends gunned down in a cold blooded ambush and these die hard fans see cover art that portrays the anger those killings have manifested,as not relative. The artwork portrays an emotion that has to and must exist, as this young man attempts coming to grips with feelings of hate,revenge and justice.

Why such nievete, if any of them put themselves in the Ranger shoes do they really believe that after the violent death of a father or brother, they would immediately get a friend, go out and calmly find the bad guy, quietly convince him what he did was wrong and then turn him over to the law and then go on with their lives, no they would spend days running the gamut of emotions and I am sure at some point they would be staring into a mirror and seeing anger on their face and darkness around them, much like this cover they are so angry about.

Yes they would get over the pain and hopefully the hated GIVEN TIME.

Joe, tell your die hards, emotions are important and they get us through, not over night, not in a month and not in 9 issues of a comic book. What is being presented in this art is a human being showing his emotions at a point in time, why these fans do not see that is beyond me!

Ranger01

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Joe,

I get the individual slant and I guess since you put the notice on line I jumped on you, no mal-intent though...

It was the avoid at all cost comment that got me, I guess I'm as passionate the other way...

I like "truth in advertising" and this DE version gives me that truth and emotion I feel is realistic and very enjoyable.

Ranger01(Peter)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Ranger01
    Lone Ranger,

I get the impression that if die hard fans had they're way Rob and Laura Petrie would still be in separate beds. Is this B & W cover really a source of such angst. This is the same Ranger people but you're getting a dose of reality (so to speak).

A young man has his father, brother and friends gunned down in a cold blooded ambush and these die hard fans see cover art that portrays the anger those killings have manifested,as not relative. The artwork portrays an emotion that has to and must exist, as this young man attempts coming to grips with feelings of hate,revenge and justice.

Why such nievete, if any of them put themselves in the Ranger shoes do they really believe that after the violent death of a father or brother, they would immediately get a friend, go out and calmly find the bad guy, quietly convince him what he did was wrong and then turn him over to the law and then go on with their lives, no they would spend days running the gamut of emotions and I am sure at some point they would be staring into a mirror and seeing anger on their face and darkness around them, much like this cover they are so angry about.

Joe, tell your die hards, emotions are important and they get us through, not over night, not in a month and not in 9 issues of a comic book. What is being presented in this art is a human being showing his emotions at a point in time, why these fans do not see that is beyond me!

Ranger01
    Hey Ranger01, I really can't speak for all the die hard fans because we're all individuals with our own opinions. I like the B&W version much better than the red and white one.
    My experience in this gig is that there are those who don't want the Lone Ranger to be anything more or less than he was under Clayton Moore or Brace Beemer. I think DE has experienced this with BSG. It doesn't matter what you do or how well you do it, there is a certain element that just won't like it. This book has its fans and detractors and always will. Had DE done a classic Clayton Moore style comic, a certain element would hate it because it wasn't anything new or interesting. For me, I love a good story. That's what this book has going for it. It's a good tale, whether it's the Lone Ranger or not.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Lone Ranger,

Ranger01
    Last edited by Ranger01; 10-23-2007, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here is the updated information:

‘Bad boy’ Portrayal of Lone Ranger Angers Fans

The Lone Ranger rides into his next comic book adventure (#10) with a very rare black and white variant cover that portrays the masked man in what some fans say is a “dark and dismal” manner and should be avoided like the plague.

Prepared exclusively for Comic Collector Live, the John Cassaday
    (Eisner Award Winning artist) rendition from Dynamite Entertainment is getting powerful “love-hate” reactions from Lone Ranger fans.

“When we posted the cover art on our website we thought everyone would be excited about the special variant,” said Joe Butler, CEO of Comic Collector Live. “But while most of the feedback has been positive, there are those who think this particular portrayal is actually a ‘betrayal’ of their favorite comic book hero.”

The main complaints have centered on the dark and foreboding manner of the Lone Ranger. Steve Boyd, CCL’s Research Director and event coordinator took a few phone calls from fans of the masked man who thought the hero appeared to be more like the Punisher. “You’ll either love this cover or hate it,” says Boyd. “ Some say they love the strength of the Ranger in this pose and the emotion is really intense.”

Butler, in announcing the special variant, was quick to pay homage to Cassaday and Dynamite. “Any time you can work with a great artist like John it’s an honor!” said Butler. “We are especially excited about the Lone Ranger series because it’s an American original. And we are thankful for the folks at Dynamite for allowing us to be part of this Eisner Nominated Best New Series!”

Comic Collector Live will be offering the special limited variant issue exclusively on its website www.comiccollectorlive.com and expects to offer a select number of issues at comic book conventions such as Wizard World Texas in Arlington, November 16-18th.

Contact Information:

Joe Butler, CEO
    (615) 264-4747 ext 111
    Comic Collector Live

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by MadMikeyD
    The cover art for #10 is up! Quite a departure from previous covers. I don't know if it's going to stay just red-on-white like it is, but it makes for an interesting cover. I rather like the simplicity of it, to be honest.

Wow! That certainly is different. Give them an 'A' for doing something totally different. I like it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X