Spider-man/Red Sonja

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-man/Red Sonja

Anyone reading this ? Panini/Marvel UK are going to be reprinting it in their Astonishing Spidy book and I wondered if it's worth picking up ?

Cheers

Terry

The Robert E Howard Comics Group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/
    READ THE CONAN NEWSPAPER STRIP CURRENTLY FEATURING RED SONJA AT
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup2/
    Last edited by terryallenuk; 01-14-2008, 10:29 AM.

It was ok. I like the regular Red Sonja series better though(and Im a Marvel zombie!). Nice to see some familiar Marvel characters, and the concept is good. The ending just seemed rushed though, and a particular character didnt make an impact as I bet, many expected.

6.5 out of 10 if you ask me. Still worth it but nothing great.

Comment

I only read the first 2 issues...loved it!

The covers were AWESOME!!

Comment

I was kinda "ehh" about it. I agree with the previous criticisms and in the end I wondered "What was the point?"

Comment

I read this. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The art was good, the coloring was good, the story was fun. It's not going to win any awards but I still found it quite amusing. I think I was in the minority on that though. I also like to think of it as one of the last good portrayals of Spider-Man & MJ's relationship before Marvel f'ed it all up. That, and who doesn't love a good Red Sonja ass kicking story??

Comment

Liked It

I liked it quite well. I would have enjoyed it more if it had been all realeased as a trade to begin with. As a monthly it felt like not much was happening from issue to issue that couldn't have been told in one book as was done in the original Marvel tale.

Comment

I enjoyed it, of course, Spiderman is one of my favorites as well. I wish I had the Marvel Team-up issue that started this. Hopefully if there is a trade paperback, they can include it.

Comment

There wasn't much point to it...and it could have rocked, if the storyline had been better. Artwork DID rock, tho'.

Comment

The only thing good about it is art... the concept, ridiculous. The story, was there a story?

Comment

It was an OK read. The art was great but the story was not what I expected.

Comment

Working...
                    X