• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Ranger Movie Update

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...80bb7be375dd49

Ranger01

The Lone Ranger Rides Again!

I have always been a huge fan of this character going all the way back to the TV series of the early '50s. While Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels established a threshold of excellence in their portrayals, I hope that Disney will pay the appropriate respect to their legacies. Dynamite is to be thanked for helping to revive interest in this icon of American popular culture. I note with interest their acquisition of Buck Rogers as well. While I was hoping for Flash Gordon, Buck may well be just as effective in bringing back another long lost hero of the past. Can the Shadow and/or Doc Savage be far behind?

Comment

Can the Shadow and/or Doc Savage be far behind?[/QUOTE]

I keep my fingers crossed everyday...

Ranger01

Comment

Originally posted by Historian
        ...I note with interest their acquisition of Buck Rogers as well. While I was hoping for Flash Gordon, Buck may well be just as effective in bringing back another long lost hero of the past...
        FYI - Though not at Dynamite, Flash Gordon is also returning to comic books. His new series is set to start in July from Ardden Entertainment. You can read more about it here.
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
        PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
        PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger01
          Can the Shadow and/or Doc Savage be far behind?

Ranger01[/QUOTE]

There were rumblings of a new shadow movie a while back. Haven't heard anything in awhile....

Comment

I suck at using the computer to draw stuff, but I will still argue that James Marsden would make a good Lone Ranger.
            Attached Files
            DECODER RING THEATRE
            EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
            PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
            PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

I read about this earlier today - great to see more mentioned of the new Lone Ranger movie in the news. Hopefully this means that the pre-production work is going smoothly and the movie can be released reasonably soon. Even better to see Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio confirmed again as the writers. they did an excellent job on Mask of Zorro, and they were the writers for Pirates of the Caribbean, - so I've no doubt they do justice to the Lone Ranger

Originally posted by Bradtisme

Ranger01
              There were rumblings of a new shadow movie a while back. Haven't heard anything in awhile....[/QUOTE]

The new movie based on The Shadow is still being worked on - the WGA strike held things for awhile. Sam Raimi has the movie rights to The Shadow [he also has the movie rights to Doc Savage] and is working with Sony to bring the movie to theaters.

The last thing I read about the new Shadow movie was in the middle of last October. Hopefully will hear more news soon.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6410

Asked about The Shadow, Columbia Pictures' adaptation of the legendary 1930s pulp hero, Raimi added, "I don't have any news on 'The Shadow' at this time, except that the company that I have with Josh Donen, my producing partner, we've got the rights to 'The Shadow.' I love the character very much and we're trying to work on a story that'll do justice to the character."

Comment

This project was rumored more than a year ago. It was confirmed by Bruckheimer in December (see Lone Ranger movie confirmed! thread below). All this excitement is the mainstream media finally getting the news out.

Comment

Glad to here this is happening.

Comment

name

[heh heh] I LOVE this guy's name. "Bloody Igor." {heh}

Originally posted by BloodyIgor
                    Glad to here this is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by CindyR
                      [heh heh] I LOVE this guy's name. "Bloody Igor." {heh}
                      LOL I'm gald you like it. I've use that screen name for a long time. Horror movies are a big passion of mine. The main message board I talk at is a horror con site. I plan on coming in here alot because I love what I've seen out of Dynamite comics.

Comment

Working...
                      X