Brian Reed Interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Reed Interview

Brian Reed talks a little bit about his upcoming "re-introduction" of Red Sonja, beginning with #35:

Newsarama Interview with Brian Reed
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

I Like his work on Ms Marvel so I am hoping that his take will be as enjoyable here. I just hope that Kulan Gath is left well behind. I enjoyed that storyline up till about issue 18, after that while there was some interesting ideas it all felt like filler until Sonja could sword the wizard which could have been done far earlier.

Reed has done some good stuff with Ms Marvel, bringing back old foes and giving new facets to Ms Marvel's character, without giving a feeling of whiplash to the character's concept as was done at the end of the last Sonja arc. The forged through the trials of a god was done in Marvel at the outset in their Savage Sword of Conan. Erlik is asked by Mitra to forge a weapon for him to punish evil and the god creates Red Sonja through the trials she has in early life.

Oeming's shocker was done before and without tearing down any of the players. Reed has been able to add plot twists in his work that also gave new direction without a feel of twisting and tearing characters so I am hoping that he can do the same for Red Sonja.

Comment

Working...
    X