Numbering Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbering Question

I'm just curious about the numbering for the series.

Why is it that the continuing series (old school) starts at #5, AOD Vs. Reanimator starts at #1 (or #0 if you like), Ashes 2 Ashes starts at #1, The Long Road Home starts at #5, Darkman Vs AOD starts at #1, AOD/Xena starts at #1, Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash starts at #1, and Home Sweet Hell starts at #9?

I can understand the crossovers having a #1- end, numbering, but why don't the others as well? Just curious.
    Last edited by Angel Ireul; 05-31-2008, 07:55 PM.

I'll explain to the best of my knowledge. The crossovers are all self-contained mini-series, so they start at #1 and end at whatever (usually it's been #4). 'Ashes 2 Ashes' and 'Shop Till you Drop (Dead)' were two mini-series published prior to the ongoing series. 'Army of Darkness vs. Re-Animator' is considered Army of Darkness #1-4, and the regular series continued its numbering from there at #5. That series ended at #13. Then we got the 'Marvel Zombies vs. AoD' crossover. The regular series then returned with a new #1, which began a story arc subtitled 'From the Ashes.' The second story arc, which started at #5, is subtitled 'The Long Road Home.' The third, starting at #9, is subtitled 'Home Sweet Hell.' I hope this helps you out a little bit.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Ahhh that makes quite a bit of sense actually. Thank you, it always bothered me that the ongoing series didn't seem to have a #1 although it worked quite well that way. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X