Lone Ranger coming on DVD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Ranger coming on DVD

I recently received a press kit from Classic Media. They are coming out with a 13-disc DVD set of the first two seasons of "The Lone Ranger" in November. The shows have been digitally re-mastered. The set will include an 88-page book, a complete episode guide and more. It will retail for $119.

That's a lot of shows! I better start saving my money.

Last edited by MadMikeyD; 07-15-2008, 01:37 AM.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger
      I recently received a press kit from Classic Media. They are coming out with a 13-disc DVD set of the first two seasons of "The Lone Ranger" in November. The shows have been digitally re-mastered. The set will include an 88-page book, a complete episode guide and more. It will retail for $119.
      I would have bought a best of smaller set, but 13 discs is too much for my taste, anyway I got tons of old time radio episodes in MP3; they should split that DVD set in 3 or 4

Anyway, we'll have a movie eventually
      Last edited by Renaud; 07-08-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

On a related note, 1981's "The Legend of the Lone Ranger" is coming to DVD in August, courtesy of Lion's Gate:

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Lone-Ra.../dp/B001ARDC16

Last edited by MadMikeyD; 07-15-2008, 01:38 AM.
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

I note that the anniversary collection will include episodes from the old '60s animated series. Any word on whether they plan to do a complete set of these?

Comment

While the 'Legend of the Lone Ranger' movie is generally regarded as somewhat of a lowlight for the character, the trailer for it is pretty good:

http://www.videodetective.com/titled...ishedid=560432
            DECODER RING THEATRE
            EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Working...
            X