January '09 Solicitations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January '09 Solicitations

Black Terror #4! Death-Defying 'Devil #2! Lone Ranger & Tonto #2! BSG: Cylon War #1! Highlander Origins: Kurgan #1! And much, much more!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...ynamitejan.htm
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Some cover art:

DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Boy Oh Boy

Tim and Silver Streak Boy oh Boy.

No sign of the Masquerade series
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2
        Tim and Silver Streak Boy oh Boy.

No sign of the Masquerade series

I really hope DE can get these delay issues out of the way in 2009 and get titles out on schedule. I would rather less titles on time than a slew of titles arriving late.

Maybe they should have waited on the solo books until they had the staff to get them out when promised? Either way, when they come out it will be great and hopefully they stay on schedule from there on.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

For the record, until there is at least a solicitation a title can't really be considered late. They said, in effect, Black Terror starts in October, and we hope to have Masquerade for November or December, and 'Devil for the month Masquerade is not in. No promises were made. Hope is not a promise. Terror #1 was solicited for October, so a November release can be considered late. 'Devil #1 is solicited for December, so that's not late until January. Masquerade is not even solicited, so it can't really be considered late.
          DECODER RING THEATRE
          EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
            For the record, until there is at least a solicitation a title can't really be considered late. They said, in effect, Black Terror starts in October, and we hope to have Masquerade for November or December, and 'Devil for the month Masquerade is not in. No promises were made. Hope is not a promise. Terror #1 was solicited for October, so a November release can be considered late. 'Devil #1 is solicited for December, so that's not late until January. Masquerade is not even solicited, so it can't really be considered late.

If you ask me hope is just as worse. DE said originaly that her title was going to be out in either November or December, they said that in interviews posted on this site, that gets people excited. Maybe as a fan I should know better to give my hopes up but still, instead of saying "her title should be out in November or December hopefully" they could say "Masquerade has a title in the works for the near future.". That would have been more appropriate.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Comment

I don't think it's very fair to start classing a book as "late" when it's not even been solicited yet. Perhaps at the time "November or December" was mentioned, that was the intended plan - but plans change, especially where brand new projects are concerned. At the end of the day, there are two PSP-based titles scheduled for January, and it's important not to flood the market with too much product at any given time.

Not sure what "delay issues" there are anymore, to be honest. Most of the Dynamite line seems to be shipping pretty regularly now. Books from any publisher are always going to ship late from time to time, for all kinds of differing reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bowland
                I don't think it's very fair to start classing a book as "late" when it's not even been solicited yet. Perhaps at the time "November or December" was mentioned, that was the intended plan - but plans change, especially where brand new projects are concerned. At the end of the day, there are two PSP-based titles scheduled for January, and it's important not to flood the market with too much product at any given time.

Not sure what "delay issues" there are anymore, to be honest. Most of the Dynamite line seems to be shipping pretty regularly now. Books from any publisher are always going to ship late from time to time, for all kinds of differing reasons.
                I understand that, but this is a classic case of "bit off more than I can chew". I don't care if a book is solicited or not, if someone says a certain month then people sometimes give their hopes up, I'm one of them. I should have known better due to this happeneing all the time in comics, but still. My argument is that they should and could have worded it slightly better so people don't expect.
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

I read some were that becasue of some lateness problems Dynamite is waiting until they have the book inhand to solicite it. that makes sense. I also think that the three PS series may have been delayed to allow for the first sereis to be completed. It had a few problems that got everything pushed back a little.

The only reason I am a little frustrated by the "delay" with Masquerade is that I like the character and want to see what they do with her. I can and will wait.
                  Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                  Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                  http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Jan looks great. With the Superpowers books & The Lone Ranger Dynamite is becoming more prominent. I noticed alot of their books sell more than most Image titles (except Spawn & Kirkman's books).

Comment

Originally posted by md62
                      Jan looks great. With the Superpowers books & The Lone Ranger Dynamite is becoming more prominent. I noticed alot of their books sell more than most Image titles (except Spawn & Kirkman's books).

Actually, orders for PS has been larger than Spawn except for the return of McFarlane I believe. Most of PS's books have been in the top 50 or so of Diamonds lists.
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Comment

Working...
                      X