Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone for Mego-style Lone Ranger figures?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for Mego-style Lone Ranger figures?

Just noticed The Phantom is finally getting the proper action figure treatment after all these decades, and it got me wondering how much demand there'd be for similar Mego-style Lone Ranger figures (they'd probably turn out not unlike the old Gabriel ones).

I realize Shocker Toys will be doing smaller-scale LR figures (eventually), but I'm talking 8-9" with cloth costumes (12" would be even nicer).

Would you be up for one? Would there be a big enough demand? And who holds the rights for LR figures nowadays?
    Last edited by John Read; 11-05-2008, 07:23 PM.

That Phantom figure looks good. I have the old Gabriel Lone Ranger & Tonto on display in my living room. They're the pride of my toy collection.

Last I knew Shocker Toys had the Lone Ranger action figure license as part of their "Indie Spotlight" line. They were not producing the Lone Ranger as part of series 1 or 2, though (but they are supposed to have Dick Tracy in series 2 which I think is cool).
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Yeah, their Dick Tracy gives us hope for some other classic characters.

I guess the new movie will make action figures of all sizes more viable, but I wouldn't mind a classic "generic" version like the old ones.

Comment

I'd be excited about any Lone Ranger action figures. I used to have a huge collection of Mego superheroes and still have my original Lone Ranger and Tonto figures from Gabriel.

Comment

Working...
        X