Zorro vs. The Lone Ranger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zorro vs. The Lone Ranger

If The Lone Ranger and Zorro got in a fight, who would win?
    Comic2read

The viewers!

Comment

The Lone Ranger is usually straight forward while Zorro tends to be tricky and work things to his advantage. Also Zorro has no problem with killing when he has to. So, it would be close but I'd have to go with Zorro.
      Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
      Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
      http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

I think the minute the Lone Ranger shoots the sword out of Zorro's hand the fight is over.

Comment

Definitely Zorro

Why? Zorro is the spanish word for Fox. Foxes are sly & perform their work on the downlow. Zorro would handle the Lone Ranger as much as I love that character. It would certainly be a nice match to watch.

Comment

At best a draw. Ranger is as crafty as the Fox. Zorro does have the training of a professional soldier at least in ealier origin stories. The fact that he goes lethal sometimes is pointless and used too often to try and out bas@%$$ non lethal heroes. The fact that nearly all of the Rangers villains wanted him dead makes the point moot. Zorro could out trick Ranger because there are lines he won't cross. But consider this Zorro never faced a repeating firearm. A better throw down would be Zorro versus Tonto.

Comment

All I can think of is the classic scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark! We all know that TLR wouldn't kill, but how funny would it be to see this scene drawn!

Comment

I don't really want to take sides here, I love both characters but if your's saying the Ranger automatically wins just because only he has a gun, then you'd be wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zorro pistol  McCulley Argosy Pulps.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	48958

Name:	Zorro Pistol the Devil's Weapon Fairbanks copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	49627

Name:	Zorro Disney Guy Williams with Pistol .jpg
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	48953

Name:	Zorro Tyrone Power Gun Shadow.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	49628

Name:	Disney Pistol Zorro #12.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	48954

Zorro as per McCulley, Fairbanks, Tyrone Power, Dell Comics, Disney Guy Williams, Alex Toth comics, all who pretty much defined the character had him carry a gun. And he was a crack shot with it on par with and before the Lone Ranger. And modern interpretations and legacy characters saw him naturally switch from flintlock pistols to repeaters/revolvers.

The question or debate becomes who would be faster and more accurate on the draw, and who has the better gun. Zorro would probably get only one shot out of his old pistola to the Rangers 6-shooter. Yet it only takes one lethal shot to end it.

The other question is - if you have them time traveling to even meet each other, there's no reason Zorro wouldn't acquire the modern weapons of the time.

Or if more reasonably you play it out as a matter of descendants, Zorro's descendant and legacy would be using the most modern weapons as well as a sword.
                Or in reverse - the Ranger's antecedent, let's say a man like Harry Love the Texas Ranger famous for hunting down spanish/american/mexican supposed "bandits" (aka freedom fighters depending on whose land you're on). As we see played out in The Mask of Zorro, was compelled to throw down his gun in favor of a more "respectable" or "honorable" duel with swords, as per the time.

Anyway, it's not so cut and dry. it's something a creative author could have fun with.

Here's a more whimsical and modern interpritation again not averse to using dual pistolas.

Another take on it would be Silver vs. Tornado.
                Last edited by Guicho; 02-27-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Silver, no doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post
                    Silver, no doubt!
                    I'm guessing poor Tornado never even stood a chance with you here

Last edited by Guicho; 02-27-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

That's cool (in more ways than one!)

Comment

Zorro vs. The Lone Ranger

I think the Lone Ranger would win. He's just too damn good with that gun. You could give Zorro an uzi, and the LR would still clear holster and put him down before he could do anything with it.

Plus, the Lone Ranger's TOUGH. Zorro's kind of a flippy sissy, isn't he?
                        Last edited by gwiereng; 07-02-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwiereng View Post
                          I think the Lone Ranger would win. He's just too damn good with that gun. You could give Zorro an uzi, and the LR would still clear holster and put him down before he could do anything with it.
                          I don't know, the uzi would probably be slower on the draw, so that's not the blanket advantage you pretend it is.
                          Unless you're suggesting an uzi which is already up and aimed, and LR would still be able to draw, aim and shoot - before an already up and aimed uzi? Then you're pushing it.
                          If you want to say LR would be quicker on a face to face draw both with the same sixguns, then go ahead say that, I might agree. Although Zorro is known for speed too, a master at slight of hand, and he does use a gun, so he could arguably draw and shoot just as well with a simillar gun, I'm not going to call it. Reed Hadley's Zorro set in a more nebulous time frame, showed the same Zorro could be just as proficient in shooting firearms from his opponents hands with a gun as he was with a sword and a whip.

And he has many other skills and cunning to his advantage.
                          A good writer who actually knew Zorro probably wouldn't have him easilly land in that situation, or he'd exploit it to his advantage.
                          Originally posted by gwiereng View Post
                          Plus, the Lone Ranger's TOUGH. Zorro's kind of a flippy sissy, isn't he?
                          You do know that's an act right?
                          Zorro is the real person, Diego De La Vega is the disguise he puts on.
                          Last edited by Guicho; 07-06-2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Even if Zorro had an uzi already pointed at the Lone Ranger, I think the Lone Ranger could draw and put him down before Zorro could shoot.

And even supposing a situation where such a thing didn't happen, where circumstances led them to oppose one another, Zorro would be doing somersaults and smiling about being able to grow a moustache while the Lone Ranger shot his fingers off.

Plus, Silver would kick the crap out of Tornado.

Comment

Working...
                            X