Wizard Fan Awards!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizard Fan Awards!

There a lot of goodies from Dynamite Entertainment nominated at the Wizard Fan Awards, including the delightful, handsome and always charismatic Joe Rybandt for Best Editor!

Cast your votes!
    http://www.wizarduniverse.com/wizardfanawards2008. html

There's lots of great competition in those categories.
    I mean really - Zorro and The Lone Ranger are up against each other! My poor mouse clicked back and forth so many times...

There's some bad, bad choices in that list. It's disappointing that voters can't write in their own choices. No Garth Ennis for "Favourite Writer"? IDW in there for "Favourite Publisher" yet Dynamite aren't? No Cass for "Favourite Cover Artist", yet one of his covers is short-listed for "Favourite Cover". Ugh. Good to see Joe getting some recognition though, everyone make sure you vote for him!

Comment

I whole-heartedly agree. I think Cass is off-the-charts brilliants. Maybe that's why he's not on there -- he's just too good so it wouldn't be fair to the others in the game (that sounded believable, right?).

Comment

Yeah, there definitely needs to be a fill-in-the-blank there. Almost none of those are my real choices (except Joe for editor, Ross for cover artist, LR for series and western). Dynamite has a good chance in the western category, though - LR vs. Zorro vs. Man With No Name.

Seriously - no Superpowers, no Cassiday, no Ross covers, no Cariello, no Matthews, and no Simon Bowland for favorite letterer?!?! He works on every book that I read!
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
        PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
        PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

It was painful filling out that ballot.

About half of those questions didn't offer a choice I would have picked in my top 5 for those fields.

Comment

Well, they say that the best letterers are the ones whose work goes unnoticed, so I always take my ommission from awards as a compliment

Comment

I have said it before and I will say it again, Wizard sucks. They are so disorganized and their magazine has become toilet paper.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980
                I have said it before and I will say it again, Wizard sucks. They are so disorganized and their magazine has become toilet paper.

What you said.

Comment

Working...
                X