Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Dreadstar Collection?

Hi folks,

I seem to remember that the second Dreadstar collection was originally supposed to be released a year ago.

What's the status on this?

Thanks!

Spooky Mizu

Alrighty, so this is my annual request for information regarding Dreadstar (sigh).

I keep prepaying for this collection with my comic dealer, but it seems like I end up getting my money back either due to the collection's resolicitation or it just disappears for a while.

So what is the update, folks? The book was supposed to be out in December, right?

Also, what are the plans in the future? Are you going to reprint the whole series, including Peter David's run?

In case you can't tell, I loves me my Dreadstar.

Thanks,

Spooky Mizu

Comment

The sample is on my desk as I type this and the books are on the (all too accurately named) slow boat from China. There were some printing/production hick-ups with the original materials that caused more delays than expected when it was re-offered for a February release, but it IS printed and it IS on its way.

(and for anyone interested, that very same boat has the Lone Ranger Definitive Edition vol. 1 on it as well)

Comment

Thanks for the update.

So, what is the plan where Dreadstar is concerned? How much more of the series is going to be reprinted?

The first book was soooo much better than what we received from the SLG set. I'm anxious to see the new volume.

Thanks again!

Spooky Mizu

Originally posted by JayU View Post
        The sample is on my desk as I type this and the books are on the (all too accurately named) slow boat from China. There were some printing/production hick-ups with the original materials that caused more delays than expected when it was re-offered for a February release, but it IS printed and it IS on its way.

(and for anyone interested, that very same boat has the Lone Ranger Definitive Edition vol. 1 on it as well)

Comment

This book was solicited as 'For the first time the original, classic episodes of Dreadstar: Metamorphosis Odyssey from Marvel/Epic Illustrated are collected in full color'. So what happened? Why were parts still in black and white?

Comment

black & white pages

In all previous reprints of this material, ALL of stories were converted to black and white. What we were doing was trying to put out a collection where everything was exactly how Mr. Starlin intended, with all of the original colors and black and whites in tact for the first time since the printing of the original epic illustrateds. Sorry that there was some confusion. Hopefully you like the package that we put together. It was a long process getting everything we needed to put it together, and we hope that the fans think that it was worth the wait.

Comment

It certainly WAS worth the wait. Thank you.

I will admit to some confusion about the color/black and white pages, but then looked back at scans I have of the original. Some pages WERE in color, but not all of them. It must have had something to do with Epic limiting the number of color pages in the magazine.

At any rate, it is beautiful product.

So what's next? Some more reprints of the bi-monthly series?

Thanks again,

Spooky Mizu

In all previous reprints of this material, ALL of stories were converted to black and white. What we were doing was trying to put out a collection where everything was exactly how Mr. Starlin intended, with all of the original colors and black and whites in tact for the first time since the printing of the original epic illustrateds. Sorry that there was some confusion. Hopefully you like the package that we put together. It was a long process getting everything we needed to put it together, and we hope that the fans think that it was worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
              X