Im stiil here.
      Switch the light off when you leave

Terry

Comment

*walks in and looks around*

*leaves*

*click*

Comment

In case anyone is interested, did some snooping with the aid of the link from TerryAllenUK. While I did not find the run down he did, I did find the estimates for several months, which are posted below.

Rank Index Issue Est.Sales Delta Delta%
          133 11.88 41 13,232 -281 -2.08
          126 13.65 42 12,505 -727 -5.49
          161 13.82 43 12,316 -189 -1.51
          146 13.57 44 12,099 -217 -1.76
          163 12.41 45 12,025 - 74 -0.61
          169 14.44 46 11,984 - 41 -0.34
          163 14.94 47 11,697 -287 -2.39

Also found was the comment that most titles are suffering drops in individual issues due to buyers waiting for the trade paperback versions. Did not find those figures, so don't know if Red is holding her own there, or are those stats falling as well.

Also noticed that Conan is consistently considerably higher, though also dropping. Is it because he is better known, or better written?
          Last edited by Olde Sonja Fan; 10-26-2009, 11:29 PM. Reason: improve column alignment

Comment

Well I just got here so yeah I'm still here

Comment

My apologies on the table. It appears that the editor insists on keeping everything left aligned, rather than the nice wide column spacing I put in. I hope it will be sufficiently clear for everyone. Formatting aside, the news remains grim.

Comment

I wonder how much DE would save if they just went with 1 cover per issue instead of having variants. As noted earlier, multiple covers mean having to pay multiple artists and having more presses retooled (although this might not be a big deal since its just an extra coupla pages). Most of the time when i was buying em there was always a coupla covers that folks didnt seem to like so i dunno if having em really helps sales or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Warhammer3025 View Post
                  I wonder how much DE would save if they just went with 1 cover per issue instead of having variants. As noted earlier, multiple covers mean having to pay multiple artists and having more presses retooled (although this might not be a big deal since its just an extra coupla pages). Most of the time when i was buying em there was always a coupla covers that folks didnt seem to like so i dunno if having em really helps sales or not.
                  Personally suspect the savings would be considerable, mainly from artists' fees and the tooling. Even with 4 color printing, to have 4 covers means having 16 print drums/rollers, not the 4 of one cover. I worked for a while in a shop that made and maintained the things, and they are not cheap. As far as the run itself goes, 50K copies are 50K copies, one cover or 4, and that is already comitted to. The added cost there is stopping the press, changing the rollers, and re-starting as needed. That means time, labor, and added $.

Where multiple covers might 'help' sales is from either those folks who want every cover variant out there, or from confusion. When I get a comic, the thing that I remember is the cover, and have more than once gotten multiple copies on an issue because a week or so after the first purchase I see a different cover, think it is a different issue, and get it; only to find back home that it was a repeat. Am not amused.

Comment

So, the series ended and it is time for a little retrospection. I read all the issues since the "death"-storyline and made a surprising discovery! Without the pressure of making statements regarding each new issue on a monthly base, I could read the whole story since issue 30 with much more pleasure and understanding of the pace of the whole story. And I think it is great! The end of issue 49 is already laid in issue 35, so it is an epic run of a lost soul, reborn in an unknown situation. Very good. And I think with a little time ahead this story will be regarded with more respect than it was done when published first.

Comment

... but since there aren't any discussions anymore on this board...

Comment

The whole Kulan Gath, Osin, Ninja Babe, episode was all a dream....

None of it really happened....

Hey look, Red Sonja is now a queen!

That's basically my take on this right now.

Also, is it me or does Sonja look less babelicious than before. Rubi's art seems alot different from before.

Comment

In Queen? I will check. Didn't notice it yet.

Comment

Would need to compare new issues with old to say for sure. She still looks good to me, though. But then, Red would look good in a business suit. Tried it in Sims2, and is she ever a knockout!

Comment

Working...
                            X