Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So many good titles in Dynamite Entertainment... what's next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Tour of Duty" would work well, if the art and writing team were good.

Tommy.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

You guys should give MacGuyver his own comic where he teaches super-heroes the tricks of the trade.

"Listen up Batman, I'm only going to say this once! Wrap the tube socks around the pencil and then pour maple syrup on it. One wrong move and you'll blow us all to kingdom come! We'll blow harder than a hurricane blowing out it's birthday candles! Blow harder than that stupid Batman and Robin movie you made!"

"Alright! I get the point already!...Wait, you said put the pencil in the syrup right?"

BOOM!

Comment

A Mission Impossible comic would be great... BUT NOT with the Tom Cruise bullcrap... I Mean the ORIGINAL MIssion Impossible Task Force... with Dan Briggs, Rollin Hand, Jim Phelps, Barney Collier, Cinnamon Carter, Casey, Dana Lambert, Mimi Davis... That Show ROCKED!

OH SHI-... huge flashback... how about a comic of THE MUNSTERS? LOL
        Last edited by Tommy; 11-12-2006, 07:16 AM. Reason: Broken Image... :)

Comment

It's easy...

my favourite sci fi show when I was growing up.....would make an awesome comic series.

I have another idea for a spin off from a licensed property, but I'm hoping to be able to do that one myself!

Comment

How about Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? Buck was super cool around all those ultra modern elitists.

Of course I can't see Dynamite Entertainment doing this, but it sure would be a trip to do H.R. Pufnstuf.

Comment

How about the Dark Castle Films universe? (Consisting of House on Haunted Hill, 13 Ghosts, Ghost Ship, Gothika and House of Wax, so far.) Their oeuvre constitutes one of my favourite guilty pleasures - particularly House on Haunted Hill - and it'd be a kick to see it in comic form.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger
                Of course I can't see Dynamite Entertainment doing this, but it sure would be a trip to do H.R. Pufnstuf.

Only if they do him to be like The Doughboys from "Johnny The Homicidal Maniac"...

Tommy.
                Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

A Riddick comic sounds like a great idea, you know Vin would be into it.

I'd like to see the Bubba Ho-Tep character continue (here we go with another Bruce Campbell movie) and a Brisco comic would be cool too.

KenaiMike

Comment

I was thinking about this last night, and I'm a big fan of old time radio (on the old iPod of course) and a comic of the classic radio show "The Shadow" would be at the tops of my list. In my opinion it's such a cool concept and great character that it could be kept in the old days or brought to the modern age without any problems.

KenaiMike

Comment

Yeah, the Shadow could be good. Alot of those great old characters don't get enough recognition and respect these days. The Shadow is a good example, along with The Phantom (though I believe he has a current comic series), The Green Hornet, and I would have said The Lone Ranger until DE's series came out. From what I was able to deduce, the Shadow has had many short-lived comic runs over the years, with the longest consecutive run lasting 12 issues. He seems to be a character that hasn't really translated well into visual media (how many people remember the Alec Baldwin movie? - not dissing it, I liked it - just saying it didn't do very well), and it's too bad because it's a great character.
                      DECODER RING THEATRE
                      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
                      PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
                      PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

I only saw The Shadow character a few times (toys, movie, artwork) and all I could think of was Batman crossed with Lone Ranger

Comment

Yeah,

The Shadow has a long history though and between the long runs of the radio show and print stories there is a lot of material. The Shadow is Lamont Cranston (sp) who is a rich guy and amature detective who spends his free time fighting crime. Yeah, I guess it's easy to see the similarity with Batman. The Shadow's big gig on the radio series was turning invisible (through hypnotism) so that the baddies couldn't see him. Although I haven't read any of the print stories I think that he carried pistols as seen in the Alec Baldwin movie (at least I think he did, I liked the movie but haven't seen it in years). Delving into his background and training to become The Shadow would be an interesting story all on it's own. Hey DE, how about a mini-series to test the waters?

I agree with MadMikeyD about the old characters. They seem to get half-a**ed attempts to revive them every few years but if someone did it right they could be big again. I came across some other comics company (can't recall the name right now) that was doing comics based on some of the old radio shows like Boston Blackie and what not. Haven't checked any of them out though.

Later,
                          KenaiMike

Comment

Nice to see....

...other Shadow fans ot there. The longest and best comics run for the character is The Shadow Strikes by DC from around 1989 it ran for about 3 years. The first story arc kicks butt. Other highlights of the series are the Doc Savage cross-over and the re-intro of Shiwan Khan. As for the pulp Shadow he makes Batman look like a wimp (though in the 70's he did "team-up" with Batman I'm told his 2 appearances are really good considering in the first one he isn't shown only heard). A very different guy than the radio character and much harder edged than the Lone Ranger actually most of the pulp guys were more Bond or Punisher-like types. oh and I think its Moonstone comics that are doing some of the radio stuff and a mean Cisco Kid to boot.

Comment

The Quick & The Dead

Army of Darkness - check
                              Darkman - check

If Dynamite is working its way through Sam Raimi's back catalogue (love to see him guest write something in a Donner/Singer way) then I have another suggestion.

With the likes of Jonah Hex, Loveless and of course The Lone Ranger being popular.....how about The Quick & The Dead.

It's a great film, and there are plenty of colourful characters that could spin out into an ongoing or prequel. And it has Lance Henriksen in it who pushes Bruce Campbell in the coolness stakes.

Must go and add it to the...I'd like to write this one day list!

Comment

Here's another thing to add to that list.

Xena - Check.

Sam Raimi Produced it. Dynamite appears to be doing everything that man touches. Too bad for them Marvel owns Spider-Man.

And I very much want to see a Jack of All Trades comic. That was also produced by Sam Raimi and it starred, you guessed it, Bruce Campbell. That would fit perfectly with what Dynamite produces. When it has a Bruce Campell character in it you can do no wrong. Groovy.

Comment

Working...
                                X