Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So many good titles in Dynamite Entertainment... what's next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonto
    ...other Shadow fans out there. The longest and best comics run for the character is The Shadow Strikes by DC from around 1989 it ran for about 3 years. The first story arc kicks butt.
    Thanks for the info on that, I'll have to look around for them.

KenaiMike

Comment

Originally posted by tonto
      oh and I think its Moonstone comics that are doing some of the radio stuff and a mean Cisco Kid to boot.
      Good catch on that, I haven't actually checked any of their stuff out but it's nice to see someone doing it. Are all these old characters in the public domain?

KenaiMike

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeBad
        Here's another thing to add to that list.

Xena - Check.

Sam Raimi Produced it. Dynamite appears to be doing everything that man touches. Too bad for them Marvel owns Spider-Man.

And I very much want to see a Jack of All Trades comic. That was also produced by Sam Raimi and it starred, you guessed it, Bruce Campbell. That would fit perfectly with what Dynamite produces. When it has a Bruce Campell character in it you can do no wrong. Groovy.
        Forgot Xena - Hercules to follow?

Comment

Originally posted by KenaiMike
          Good catch on that, I haven't actually checked any of their stuff out but it's nice to see someone doing it. Are all these old characters in the public domain?
          Good question. I believe that, in the US, the rule is basically that any work of fiction created prior to 1923 is fair game (though there's been some controversy about this vis-a-vis HP Lovecraft's work - although it's worth remembering that HPL himself actively encouraged others to do whatever they liked with his Mythos, stating that it would lend it "verisimilitude". Dude would've been all over the fanfic community had he been alive today).

Interestingly, though, there is one public domain superheroine - Octobriana, a kind of immortal Communist Wonder Woman, supposedly created by a bunch of students behind the Iron Curtain in the Sixties. I think it'd be a blast to see her show up in Red Sonja or Highlander or some such - and it wouldn't cost you a dime, DE!
          Last edited by Amelia; 11-19-2006, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Good ol' Autolycus...a finer man in green never did walk the earth :]

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Nightmare
              Good ol' Autolycus...a finer man in green never did walk the earth :]
              That reminds me, who made the decision to make his shirt red in the new Xena comic? Autolycus is supposed to have a green shirt! That, and Xena's super chakram with Gabby with long hair, better be explained in the future.

But alas I forget, Xena has no linear time. At least according to the disclaimer in the credits for the episode You Are There in season 6. You got to love those disclaimers.

Comment

I agree with some of the ideas listed previously by others, Brisco County, V. Maybe a Back to the Future story or two (part of the profits could be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for fighting Parkinson's Disease).

Another good idea for DE, I think, would be to produce mini-series licensed from whatever new DVD set is coming out at a given time. For example, when the Surface complete series set came out late last year, DE could have produced a mini-series that "concluded" the unfinished storyline.

I would also like to see some more unorthodox types of licenses pursued. Stories of The Man With No Name from the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns; a continuation of the old Saturday morning series, Land of the Lost (see my website, Tyrannosaurus lex).

Also, how about Snake Plissken? And a series set in the universe of Babylon 5?
                Last edited by enik; 01-31-2007, 10:36 PM. Reason: left out a word in a sentence

Comment

Granted, this may be a stupid idea!

How about a Weird Science comic? Based on the TV Series exploits, not directly the movie. Maybe that is a license Dynamite could pick up?

I also agree with The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. or Re-Animator.

Comment

Originally posted by s8zaphod
                    I also agree with [...] Re-Animator.
                    Oh my, yes. Particularly if I get to be the one who writes it. (Yes, hope springs eternal. Or is that delusion? One of the two.)

Comment

somebody here mentioned "V" and that would be an awesome sci-fi companion to the BattleStar Galactica series. I heard they are making a new "V" mini series and a comic would be a great Dynamite title.

I'd also like to see these licenses under the Dynamite banner these:

Robocop
                      The Transporter
                      Kill Bill
                      Alias
                      James Bond
                      Indiana Jones
                      Lost
                      Heroes
                      Tron
                      Labyrinth
                      Dark Crystal
                      Gremlins
                      Goonies

A "Willow" movie ongoing comic would be awesome too. An adaptation of the George Lucas Sequel novels to Willow that were released and written by Chris Claremont. These are very dark sequels and they were planned as movies but Lucas has been busy with the Star Wars prequels and now Indy 4. They were called Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn and Shadow Star. There aren't any "Lord of the Rings" style comics out there and "Willow" is a great untapped universe to turn into comic form.

Comment

Labyrinth
                        Dark Crystal
                        Actually, these two are already being continued in manga form (published, I believe, by Tokyopop). The first volume of Return to Labyrinth is already out, and the Dark Crystal one's coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia
                          Actually, these two are already being continued in manga form (published, I believe, by Tokyopop). The first volume of Return to Labyrinth is already out, and the Dark Crystal one's coming soon.

If the art & writing is good, they'll be on my list for sure!

Tommy.
                          Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia
                            No kidding...Do you have a link?

Comment

Sure do; here's an interview with Jake Forbes, the writer of Return to Labyrinth (with sample pages), and here's a brief blurb for Legends of the Dark Crystal (which, sadly, isn't due out until November).

Comment

Thank you very much for that, Amelia!

I need to find a copy of that "Return to Labyrinth" now, and that Dark Crystal stuff looks awesome. Can't wait for that!

Comment

Working...
                                X