X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey

I really like this forum...
    Last edited by Awearo; 07-07-2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

First off, I just want to say that this place is great and the admin is doing a fine job of managing this board and the Twitter account so keep it up Comixfan! I do have a suggestion though.....

I LOVE that you bundled the pulp stuff together in a single forum, that helps to manage the clutter, but what if you made a forum where you put all of the licensed titles together? You know, a place to jump Army of Darkness, Terminator, Total Recall, and other titles that may not really be popular enough to hold its own forum to help with the extreme amount of boards we have here. How about combining a bit more? Just a though.

Still, I love this place.

Comment

Originally posted by manga4life View Post
        First off, I just want to say that this place is great and the admin is doing a fine job of managing this board and the Twitter account so keep it up Comixfan! I do have a suggestion though.....

I LOVE that you bundled the pulp stuff together in a single forum, that helps to manage the clutter, but what if you made a forum where you put all of the licensed titles together? You know, a place to jump Army of Darkness, Terminator, Total Recall, and other titles that may not really be popular enough to hold its own forum to help with the extreme amount of boards we have here. How about combining a bit more? Just a though.

Still, I love this place.
        I wonder if others would like a more clean and intergrated forum experience like this? Personally, I wouldn't mind doing it because I HATE seeing dead forums linger around when all could be merged together for a greater good. Speak of it members, let's hear your ideas.
        Dynamite Entertainment
        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I vote for some migrations and grouping, it would make the boards look a whole lot nicer. But what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
            I wonder if others would like a more clean and intergrated forum experience like this? Personally, I wouldn't mind doing it because I HATE seeing dead forums linger around when all could be merged together for a greater good. Speak of it members, let's hear your ideas.
            Thank you for asking our opinions. These days I'm more of a lurker than a poster on these boards, but I think I would prefer the forums to be a bit more localized or centralized. Merging and pruning threads can be a bitch, but sometimes its for the greater good. Go for it.

Comment

Well I like the idea of having forums for groups and not characters. Personally I would group them like this

Noir Heroes
              Green Hornet, Shadow, Spider

King Heroes
              Flash Gordon, Phantom, Mandrake (hopefully), upcoming DOE Series and maybe some day. . . dare I hope. . . prince valiant.

PSP Gets its own as do all the Barsoom titles

Western Heroes
              Lone Ranger
              Zorro

Comment

Well, I began moving hundreds of threads into their new places but this is going to be a work in progress and won't be finished until tomorrow sometime but I took all of you're advice and I think the forums are looking a lot less cluttered a much more organized now that things are grouped together. Thanks for all of you're input!
                Dynamite Entertainment
                Forum Administrator

Comment

Wow, new forums do look great.

Question: Why is Lone Ranger listed with voltron etc. and not with Zorro/Green Hornet? Considering he has the same golden age radio origins and ties to both Zorro (via dynamite's own crossover) and Green Hornet (via the original creators making him an ancestor). On that note why is Tarzan with the noir/radio era heroes and not with Barsoom/Mars considering his origins?

Comment

I agree with BatHobbit. "Lone Ranger and Zorro" makes a lot of sense, as does "Warlord of Mars and Lord of the Jungle". I would probably lump Thund'a in with that last group, as well.
                    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Haven't been here in what feels like ages but I do like the new design and the way everything is in catagories now. Feel's easier to navigate and it brings attention to more books since forums are pieced together. Love it!

Comment

Things sure do look a lot diff'rent here on the ol' forums, looks like Comixfan has been hard at work! I would have figured The Boys to be grouped in with Bionic Man and all the other random Dynamite series but I guess it's big enough to support it's own sub-forum still, so good for that book. I think I'll come around here a bit more often instead of coming and going constantly, it's just that I'm depressed about Project: Superpowers and Kirby: Genesis getting treated the way they have by Dynamite.

Comment

Wow.....

See what a simple recommendation can do? I merely made one notation about cleaning up the forums and then suddenly I was backed by 3 or 4 others and then the moderator took charge and made it happen, you've got to love that! Seriously, the forum looks really nice now and not as intimidating and scary as it was before with the dozens of boards that haven't been visited in almost a year, I'm glad to see that Dynamite has things well in order here and it's always fun to discuss comics with other fans of the publisher.

Rock on......rock on.....

Comment

The "bad girls" thing is... oh my God, are you serious? Really? You've put together a section solely based on gender, with the sexist "bad girls" label on top of that for characters like Red Sonja? For God's sake, please, please fix this. It's genuinely offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                              The "bad girls" thing is... oh my God, are you serious? Really? You've put together a section solely based on gender, with the sexist "bad girls" label on top of that for characters like Red Sonja? For God's sake, please, please fix this. It's genuinely offensive.

It's not offensive and you're the only member of the boards who doesn't seem to like it. All the other members in his thread were in favor of forum grouping because it helped with the clutter as well as made the boards a little easier and more accessible, there was just no need in having the forums cluttered up with dead boards. I understand you're a Red Sonja fan, but her board didn't receive enough traffic to warrant it's own section at this time. Sorry.

Case in point: The last Red Sonja related thread/response was July 9th, before that it was sometime in June. That's not a lot of activity.
                              Last edited by comixfan1980; 07-18-2012, 09:51 AM.
                              Dynamite Entertainment
                              Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                                It's not offensive and you're the only member of the boards who doesn't seem to like it. All the other members in his thread were in favor of forum grouping because it helped with the clutter as well as made the boards a little easier and more accessible, there was just no need in having the forums cluttered up with dead boards. I understand you're a Red Sonja fan, but her board didn't receive enough traffic to warrant it's own section at this time. Sorry.

Case in point: The last Red Sonja related thread/response was July 9th, before that it was sometime in June. That's not a lot of activity.
                                Actually, he's not the only person here who doesn't like it. As I said earlier (in a post which I now inexplicably can't find) I think grouping them together under the 'Bad Girls' title just reiforces the negative opinion that some comics readers see to have formed about Dynamite, that it basically relies on T&A to sell books. It doesn't create a good impression.

Comment

Working...
                                X