Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reprints for FOUNDATION to KINGS WATCH???!!

Originally posted by positronic View Post
    There was a one-shot pulp magazine called Flash Gordon Strange Adventure Magazine. It wasn't written by Alex Raymond (or Don Moore, the writer on the strip), and is generally considered to be inconsistant enough with the strip continuity to be non-canon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]465[/ATTACH]

Both The Phantom and Flash Gordon appeared in paperback series of novelizations of the strip continuities from Avon Books in the 1970s. The Flash Gordon series ran six novels, most of which were adapted by Ron Goulart (the last two were by Carson Bingham) from the later strip continuities by Dan Barry (despite the cover byline stating "Alex Raymond's original story"). Ron Goulart later wrote a series of novelizations (6) based on the Warren-era Vampirella stories. The Phantom paperbacks ran to #15, five of which were actually written by Lee Falk, with the others adapted from his strip stories by various other writers. Cover art was by George Wilson, who had previously distinguished himself as the main cover artist on Gold Key's adventure titles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]467[/ATTACH]
    Any chance just some of The Phantom, Flash Gordon, or Mandrake adventures could be reprinted to give this new series,--Kings Watch--- some "backstory flavor"??
    Reprints of "the masters" to "compliment" King's Watch.!!??
    Last edited by magnoanddavey; 08-04-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Condensed the forums a bit today and merged sections with little traffic into sections with more traffic, thus giving us a cleaner look.
      Dynamite Entertainment
      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Hi,

Is there some problem with posting pictures? When I try to do so the screen just freezes and the url box doesn't appear.

ta

Ralph

Comment

Originally posted by ralphuniverse View Post
          Is there some problem with posting pictures? When I try to do so the screen just freezes and the url box doesn't appear.
          Mm. I've noticed a few things like that. Trying to modify/edit posts does the same. I got around that by right-clicking and selecting "open in new tab" on the modify link, but I don't know whether that will work with the image URL popup box. You could try, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
          X