The Boys SuperVillians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys SuperVillians

Hi first off big fan of the boys comic series, my only minor complaint is the frat boy names of some of the Superheroes but my major question were are the Supervillians?.

If I was allowed to officially write a Supervillian for the boys comic series, if most of the heroes are jerks and behave like frat boys and girls on springbreak. So my Supervillian and the team he forms would do crimes but for very good reasons like robbering a bank but giveing most of the money to the poor, my Supervillians are more honest the Superheroes of this setting and world. Yes there criminals but all of them are due to the simple fact that the Heroes here more consered with there image and how much they can make these superpowered people are forced to comitt crime to do good.

LW

Originally posted by lwhitehead View Post
    Hello! I'm a big fan of 'The Boys'. I do have one small complaint: The 'Frat Boy' names of some of the Supes. I also have one big question: Where are all the SuperVillains?

It seems obvious that the Superheroes in 'The Boys' are mainly juvenile, self-interested buffoons, so were I Ennis, I'd highlight the inherent irony by creating a team of Supervillains who commit crimes for good reasons. For example, perhaps I'd go with the Robin Hood archetype, and have my badguys rob banks, but give the proceeds to the poor. In that way, I'd juxtapose the supposedly 'good' (though actually evil) lifestyle of the Supes against the technically 'criminal' (but factually altruistic) behavior of the Villains.
    LW
    Perhaps one of your proposed Supervillains could be called "GrammarNazi". He'd seem like a badguy, because nobody likes to have their grammar corrected, but the twist ending could be that he's from the future, and is trying to keep our society from degenerating into the movie "Idiocracy".

Comment

No that idea for Supervillian is just as bad the Heroes in the Boys setting, I want real Super Villians maybe that they are secret society since the Heroes in this world are corperate puppets.

I still like the idea of Super Villians doing good, there favorite target is that company that is mentioned in the Boys series.

LW

Comment

Working...
      X