2-part mystery mini-series, Marvel run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-part mystery mini-series, Marvel run

So I bought this mysterious Red Sonja 2-issue mini-series on ebay a while ago. I had never seen it before; didn't even know it existed. It contains the tale of Sonja's travels with a red headed woman named Zora from a tribe called the Favored. From page one I could tell there was a lot of backstory involved here. It was like walking into a movie halfway through. All throughout both issues there are several references to previous events involving the Favored, a red god/goddess statue, and Sonja's traveling to the wreckage of her parents' home.

Has anyone else ever heard of this mini-series, or rather, does anyone else know which comics I have to buy to get the backstory here? What these two issues ultimately end up giving us is a Valeria of the Red Brotherhood origin story. We get to see how Valeria started her life as a pirate. Also of note is that the cover for issue #1 has nothing to do with the story: Sonja is kneeling down over a pile of gold treasure while a reanimated corpse sneaks up behind her to stab her. These issues have me completely mystified. Oh, and also, Sonja is her blue animal skin garb, not her chainmail bikini.

These two issues got their story from the "Marvel Super Special 9: Day of red judgement".

Comment

Thanks a bunch. I'll see what I can find on that.

Comment

Besides: the chain mail bikini was kind of "not en vogue" throughout Vol. 2 and 3 of her series.

Comment

The chronology at the back of annual 1 has some more information on both the 2 issue mini series and the Marvel Special leading into it which might help.

Comment

I liked Zora i was sorry to see her go. I am not a huge fan of the comics created during her blue costume phase, but i liked those couple of issues.

Comment

Working...
            X