No announcement yet.

What, no Complete Dracula discussion?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What, no Complete Dracula discussion?!

Come on, folks, this is a great book!
    I'm sure it's selling wonderfully, but where is the discussion about it?!
    I am looking forward to this book every month and I am also going to buy the hardcover when it comes out and read it in one big beautiful dose.
    I love the artwork as well as how faithful to the book this adaptation is.
    I'm re-reading the novel as well right now as I read the comic every month.
    I have just one question regarding the first issue though when Dracula throws Harker's shaving mirror out the window - whose idea was it to have him say "How dare you bring such a thing into my house?!" I don't remember reading this in the novel...nice touch, anyway!
    Now if the same team could adapt the official sequel novel 'Dracula : Un-Dead' that is due out at the end of the year, then that would be icing on the cake!

- Glenn
    glennmisztal@me.com

Glenn,

first of all thanks very much for your kind words about the series - really glad to hear you're enjoying it!

There are a couple of threads on here (somewhere) about the series but I guess there's been no bump now that #3 is out (preview here BTW for anyone who hasn't picked the issue up).

You're correct about the (slight) dialogue change, the original passage runs:

"Take care," he said, "take care how you cut yourself. It is more dangerous that you think in this country." Then seizing the shaving glass, he went on, "And this is the wretched thing that has done the mischief. It is a foul bauble of man's vanity. Away with it!" And opening the window with one wrench of his terrible hand, he flung out the glass, which was shattered into a thousand pieces on the stones of the courtyard far below.

The change was made (like all the changes in the series) just to get things to flow a bit easier and make the whole thing read better in the space we had. We hope you agree that it worked.

What did you make of #3 then? For that matter, what did the rest of you guys think of it?

Comment

There's nothing I can say about this series that would do it justice.

Awesome. Amazing. Spectacular. Incredible. Stupendous. Wonderful to look at, wonderful to read.

OK, maybe I can say a few things.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLohkust View Post
        There's nothing I can say about this series that would do it justice.

Awesome. Amazing. Spectacular. Incredible. Stupendous. Wonderful to look at, wonderful to read.

OK, maybe I can say a few things.
        Wow, thank you so much.

FYI #5 (the final issue) is out... tomorrow!!! http://www.moorereppion.com/the-comp...ek/21/12/2009/

Comment

Working...
        X