DE buys Dabel Bros.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE buys Dabel Bros.

So, with the announcement that DE has bought Dabel Bros (YES, I know my news is a little late) will this mean those of us who picked up the Wild Cards series;

a) have to buy reprints of the previous issues (#1-5 already came out; I have NO problem picking up these particular re-prints) ?

b) produce the compilation with the additinal piece of fiction in HC? (also, willing to pick it up)

c) will there be MORE Wild Cards stories?

I have every faith that DE will produce a quality product. You didn't disappoint with the Highlander series and Terminator stories.

Originally posted by The Horn'd One View Post
    So, with the announcement that DE has bought Dabel Bros (YES, I know my news is a little late) will this mean those of us who picked up the Wild Cards series;

a) have to buy reprints of the previous issues (#1-5 already came out; I have NO problem picking up these particular re-prints) ?

b) produce the compilation with the additinal piece of fiction in HC? (also, willing to pick it up)

c) will there be MORE Wild Cards stories?

I have every faith that DE will produce a quality product. You didn't disappoint with the Highlander series and Terminator stories.

Myself I am more interested in what is going to be done with Robert Jordan's The Wheel Of Time and New Spring Graphic Novels. Starting over? Continuing where it left off with Issue #2? Going to hold off and publish as a single hard cover GN?

Myself and I am sure the people who paid Dabel the subscription fee's for these books would like to know.
    Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 12-28-2009, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Thank you for posting, Darth_Andrea. I was begining to think no one read my posting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Horn'd One View Post
        Thank you for posting, Darth_Andrea. I was begining to think no one read my posting.
        I would have posted sooner but it took the site admins nearly 2 weeks to activate my account with posting access...

I just hope the people here are more responsive than the people on Dabel's site was. I know I must have sent Les Dable 30 emails that were never returned and in some cases bounced back cause of full inbox's. The Wheel Of Time series is really important to me and I want to see it completed.
        Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 12-28-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I too sent many an inquiry when Wild Cards # 5 was delayed, then #6 and the HC collection never showed up. I did get a few responses, saying that the artwork had been delayed. Then that was it. The Dabel Bros. message boards went down because of excessive spamming, then the site itself was "under repairs".

The news about DE aquiring Dabel Bros.' titles is the first bit of hopeful news I've heard about the comic.

As a long-time Wild Cards fan, I discovered the series shortly after the second book came out (I was able to back-order the first novel) at a point where I had become somewhat burned out on several other RPG-related novels; I've been hooked ever since. I have not read any other works by the ensemble writers, but as I've told several people on other boards, Wild Cards is the only novel series I even consider picking up in Hardcover.
          Last edited by The Horn'd One; 12-29-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I liked a lot of the Dabble Brothers stuff, I love fantasy novels and I love them even more when they get ported over to comics and TPB, this is good news and whatever comes out of it I will have a keen eye on.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
              I liked a lot of the Dabble Brothers stuff, I love fantasy novels and I love them even more when they get ported over to comics and TPB, this is good news and whatever comes out of it I will have a keen eye on.
              Well I have been a fan of the Wheel Of Time novels for years and when I heard that Chuck Dixon was writing the comic adaptation of the series I nearly wet myself. Add on top of that, Universal Pictures and Red Eagle Entertainment are preparing a trilogy of films based on the first 3 novels of the WoT series. And Red Eagle Games is prepping a series of PC and Console games based on the books and the coming movies including a MMO.

It's why I was so frustrated with the Dabel's absolute inability to publish these comics on a consistent and timely manner.

I really hope Dynamite can succeed where Dabel failed.
              Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 12-28-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Wholeheartedly seconded, Darth Andrea.

Comment

I hope after the holidays are over and the people get back to the Dynamite offices someone official posts some news on when we can start seeing specific tittles from the Dabel buy out being shipped. I know their original statement said April but I would like something a tad more concrete.

Comment

Um... Someone From Dynamite maybe want to tell us exactly what's going on with the Wheel Of Time book? Please ....

Darth_Andrea

Comment

[QUOTE=Darth_Andrea;16174]Um... Someone From Dynamite maybe want to tell us exactly what's going on with the Wheel Of Time book? Please ....

Hi Andrea, you may want to check this...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Dyna...ns-100120.html

Comment

Looks like Robert Jordan's "Wheel of time" is coming to DE, I read two novels from this series and I am excited to see them turned into comic form from our friends at Dynamite! April is looking to be shaping up as a huge month for DE and this book along with the Superpowers titles are making April a "cant miss" month for me, I hope the art in Wheel of Time is going to be really tight, for some reason fantasy comics always seem to have great art....
                        Last edited by comixfan1980; 01-21-2010, 12:17 AM.
                        Dynamite Entertainment
                        Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
                          Looks like Robert Jordan's "Wheel of time" is coming to DE, I read two novels from this series and I am excited to see them turned into comic form from our friends at Dynamite! April is looking to be shaping up as a huge month for DE and this book along with the Superpowers titles are making April a "cant miss" month for me, I hope the art in Wheel of Time is going to be really tight, for some reason fantasy comics always seem to have great art....
                          Well here are some pages from the #0 and #1 issues that will be collected in the new #1 that Dynamite is releasing.

Original Dabel preview of #0
                          http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...9&postcount=12

Original Dabel Preview of #1
                          http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...1&postcount=29

I honestly love the fact that Chuck Dixon is involved in this project. And from everything he has said he is Adapting all 14 novels into comics. Something he called "A Decade Worth Of Work".

And the Comic project is just the tip of the Ice burg, Universal Pictures and Red Eagle Entertainment are making a trilogy of movies based on the first 3 novels in the WoT series. And Red Eagle Games is making Games based both in the movies as well as directly off the novels for all platforms as well as a WoT MMO.

It's a great time to be a Wheel Of Time Fan

Darth_Andrea

Comment

YES! http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Dyna...ns-100224.html

Comment

I already have my LCS ordering these for me . And if someone from Dynamite is reading this. I would love to have like a mini fabric Dragon Banner full color promo item. Or perhaps a Aes Sedai great Serpent Ring promo item. With these books

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Working...
                              X