Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Inocents"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=24176

Seems things are about to change a lot in the boys universe.

Good find!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, everyone. Or as my best friend says: "A pleasant non-denominational Winter Solstice to you and yours."

Comment

Hmmm

Seems like Superduper would appeal to Annie and Hughie. Both are to varying degrees unhappy with the methods and behavior of their current groups...

Has anyone (other than Mallory) ever walked away from the Boys?

Would VA let Starlight out of her "contract"?

hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Ch0c0 View Post
        Seems like Superduper would appeal to Annie and Hughie. Both are to varying degrees unhappy with the methods and behavior of their current groups...

Has anyone (other than Mallory) ever walked away from the Boys?

Would VA let Starlight out of her "contract"?

hmmmm....
        I don't know about Hughie. He never wanted to be a superhero and, really, he isn't one now. He's more likely to be looking for the catch - after all, his prior experience shows him that good supes (Vas excepted) have big surprises hidden in the darkness.

Chris

Comment

Romeo, Romeo... Wherefor art thou?

Yeah, Hughie was definitely more than reluctant to be involved in any of this. But, seeing what the supes are really like and seeing the tactics the Boys use has turned him nearly completely off... I'm expecting he won't like the Boys reaction to the revelation of who Annie January really is...

But, Hughie's also young, in love and impressionable. I think Butcher was counting on the young and impressionable part to "mold" Hughie into a good team member... Superduper (coming from the future) will have very little "dirt" that will come out initially, unless they are completely phony. Hughie was taken in by Vas' dedication to Vas' stated vision of his history of selflessly helping others. Hughie never did any research to see if Vas was 100% legit or had skeletons in the closet... If Superduper talks the talk and walks the walk... Imagine if Annie and Superduper give him the "I know you didn't ask for this to happen... But, with great power comes great responsibility" yadda yadda yadda speech!

I'm thinking Hughie and Annie are the "Romeo and Juliet" *gag* of the series and given the opportunity to run away together to a new place with people who have similar values would be really appealing to them both... Being a "true" superhero would have major appeal to Annie... Whether Hughie would be "active" in performing heroics, move to a "support" role, or just see this as a real chance to get away (with Annie), I think there's a good chance he'd go for it.... But, that's just me...

Butcher already knows Hughie's on the brink. His motivation for the others sharing their stories is to get Hughie to connect with and care about the team...Before it's too late...
          Last edited by Hot_Ch0c0; 01-21-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X