Lone Ranger Movie Script Rumors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Ranger Movie Script Rumors

While Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet has a lot of people worried about how that movie will turn out, there may be cause to worry about the Disney/Bruckheimer/Depp Lone Ranger film as well. This link has a video "first look" at the script. And similar reports have surfaced elsewhere.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exc...7945#idc-cover

The Lone Ranger and Tonto versus a supernatural menace. Isn't that what Joe Lansdale and Tim Truman tried to do with the Topps comics? Isn't that considered one of the worst adaptations of the character? The Lone Ranger needs to be a straight western. Just because he uses silver bullets doesn't mean he should go up against werewolves.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

I agree Mikey. I'm really worried about how this will turn out.

Comment

I agree a pure Western interpretation would be preferable, but I'll wait and see. I actually didn't mind the steampunk version of the '60s cartoon, so maybe a Wild Wild West-style story would work ...

Comment

A Wild Wild West style story didn't work for the Wild Wild West movie so I doubt it would work for a Lone Ranger movie.

After watching the Jonah Hex trailer, I don't think Hollywood knows how to make straight westerns anymore.

MikeM

Comment

Working...
        X