The Boys 39

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys 39

I never thought I'd say this, but...FILLER! FILLER! FILLER!

I'm disappointed.

Chris

Originally posted by Chrisnuttall View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but...FILLER! FILLER! FILLER!
    Serious question: you didn't feel that way about the "Origins" issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
      Serious question: you didn't feel that way about the "Origins" issues?
      I didnít like the Frenchmanís issue Ė I donít believe a word of his story and the more I reread it, the more I realise that Ennis is either telling us that Frenchman is bughouse nuts or Ennis was playing a joke at our expense.

I liked MMís issues and the Femaleís story.

But 39 was just a waste of space. And there was the bad artistÖ

Grr.

Chris

Comment

I haven't picked up my Box yet, so I haven't read it. But if you didn't like it, one can only imagine what my Recap will be like.

I liked MM's story as well. Frenchies story at least had the virtue of being funny, although I'll admit that I'm not really a fan of Ennis's inevitable "Let's make fun of the French" stories that he puts in every comic he writes. (Remember "they eat horses, don't they?" from Preacher?)

The Female's story just didn't do anything for me.

Comment

You guys are all crazy. I Loved Frenchman's story and gave us some background on wtf happened to him.

MM's story was good although I wish to god they would explain why he needs Cambodian Breast Milk the finest breast milk there is.

Female's story, I think was the best one yet. How the hell didn't it "do anything for you" it had tons of action gore and intriguing story behind it, part of what the Boys is known for.

Comment

Originally posted by Reziah View Post
            Female's story, I think was the best one yet. How the hell didn't it "do anything for you" it had tons of action gore and intriguing story behind it, part of what the Boys is known for.

I think the fact that it was implausible, poorly written, moronic, retarded, made no sense, contradicted itself, wasn't in character, seemed like a parody, didn't advance the storyline, seemed shoe-horned in at the last minute, couldn't possibly be true in context of the other 37 issues in the series, and generally blew goats probably had something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
            X