Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Boys #40 Full Recap And Review! It's not what you think, REALLY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Come on, they call the one chick "Auntie Sis." No way is that a superhero name. I'm thinking Ennis is doing the same thing with SuperDuper that he did with the Messiah in Preacher. Ok, which one of these losers is going to yell "Humperdumperdoo!" or, alternatively, "SuperDuperdoo!"
    It could be that it's just an affection, rather like calling a close family friend 'uncle' or 'aunt.'

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnuttall View Post
      It could be that it's just an affection, rather like calling a close family friend 'uncle' or 'aunt.'

Chris
      That's my point. "Auntie Sis" is in no way a superhero name. It is an affectionate nickname. For a woman who is her Aunt. And sister. Ergo, they're inbred. And since inbreeding leads to several genetic deformations (for example, Klanker's tourette's, Stool Shadow's lazy eye, forgetful nature and spaztic power usage.) It leads me to believe that SuperDuper is inbred.

Comment

Defective Super Dooper

I have to give back some of the older issues that I borrowed from a friend, so I quickly started rereading lots of them. When I can buy my own copies in a few weeks...cool.

Something in #20 caught my brain...
        The Legend: "What you're lookin' at, by the way, are the four other teams tied directly to Vought-American. [Payback, Teenage Kix, G-Men & Young Americans] All that V out there means supes by the thousand--but not without company backin', without the lab boys in particular, ninety percent of 'em ain't worth squat.

So, maybe Super Dooper got some lower-quality V.

In one of those panels, Hughie holds an issue of Young Americans with Starlight on the cover, as well. Does that make him imperceptive, stupid, or accidentally poorly written for a panel? ("Hey, this one looks just like the girl I dated that you just teased me about a moment ago.")

Comment

Originally posted by Antivillain View Post
          In one of those panels, Hughie holds an issue of Young Americans with Starlight on the cover, as well. Does that make him imperceptive, stupid, or accidentally poorly written for a panel? ("Hey, this one looks just like the girl I dated that you just teased me about a moment ago.")
          Maybe the issue he's holding was drawn by Rob Liefeld, so he just didn't recognize her.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
            Maybe the issue he's holding was drawn by Rob Liefeld, so he just didn't recognize her.
            Of course! That whole 'vortex between the eyes' effect. It kind of makes every character he draws look constipated.

Comment

Originally posted by blackphoenix View Post
              That's my point. "Auntie Sis" is in no way a superhero name. It is an affectionate nickname. For a woman who is her Aunt. And sister. Ergo, they're inbred. And since inbreeding leads to several genetic deformations (for example, Klanker's tourette's, Stool Shadow's lazy eye, forgetful nature and spaztic power usage.) It leads me to believe that SuperDuper is inbred.
              You could be reading too much into it.

It's fairly common here to call a close family friend 'Aunt' or 'Uncle' even if they are not actually related to a person. And, for all we know, her name is Sissy or something along those lines.

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X