Vampirella

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampirella

Just heard the news that Dynamite was going to publish Vampirella, good news, I like those original comics, wish someone would collect them better than Harris did, in hardcover instead of cheap phone book softcover quality

I also like Pantha, and I hope she will also appear, hopefully also with her stories collected as well

And I would also suggest an other female character that would be interesting to see evolve in comic books, from its ancient origin, the name is Medusa. I am presently reading a french novel on the subject titled Monstres vol.1 Gorgone, it's about a teen transformed into a gorgone because of the jealousy of a goddess, and in the end, the gorgon gets her revenge of the goddess and turns her into stone.

http://www.renaud-bray.com/Livres_Pr...c9782895850519
    Last edited by Renaud; 03-18-2010, 12:53 AM.

I'm looking forward to getting the Vampirella comic book when it comes out. That's definitely interesting news.

Before they do another female character they should do something with Xena Warrior Princess. I am a Xena fan and got started on Dynamite Comics because of her. Dynamite has done very little with her. If they are not going to publish Xena comic books than let another publisher have her.

Originally posted by Renaud View Post
    Just heard the news that Dynamite was going to publish Vampirelly, good news,

And I would also suggest an other female character that would be interesting to see evolve in comic books, from its ancient origin, the name is Medusa.

Comment

I don't remember this ever getting out of collected, I remember seeing a few previews years ago but that's all. Not an artist, but this technique looks great

Comment

Barrucci: I think we have to wait to discuss with the creators we'll be working with. It would be premature to say anything but point to the fact that when it's come to iconic characters such as Lone Ranger or Red Sonja, we've gone to the source material, and updated it without changing it.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Sorry. Regarding Vampirella, I would like to have never before seen reprints more than new material. As Vengeance of... and the rest of the Magazine stories, and all the rest. Never quite understood, why Harris was so lame in reprenting the material. Always hoped for Omnibus HCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Bryan View Post
          Barrucci: I think we have to wait to discuss with the creators we'll be working with. It would be premature to say anything but point to the fact that when it's come to iconic characters such as Lone Ranger or Red Sonja, we've gone to the source material, and updated it without changing it.
          great news! Although I do have the Vampirella HUGE tpb with #1-37 in it....I would love more!!

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Sorry.
          what? I dont understand this one>...

`

Regarding Vampirella, I would like to have never before seen reprints more than new material. As Vengeance of... and the rest of the Magazine stories, and all the rest. Never quite understood, why Harris was so lame in reprenting the material. Always hoped for Omnibus HCs.
          Harris did bring out the Crimson Chronicles which were reprints of the first magazines and lateron had the BIG omnibus with only the Vampirella sotries from magazines #1-37. I would love for that last one to continue!

And Harris also reprinted a lot of the Harris-runs as well!!

As for reprints: never mind for the Vengeance or the Strikes series.

Comment

Originally posted by boomvavavoom View Post
            what? I dont understand this one>...
            The Barucci quote said something about updating Red Sonja without changing. And since issue 35 Red Sonja has definitely not been the same anymore. The change could not have been bigger. So I made the Bruhaha-thingy.

And regarding Harris reprints: They have done the 37 issues of the magazine two times, but nothing more. And from all the hundreds of issues of Vampirella they always did the same things: they reprinted Jusko, they reprinted Morrison/Millar, in another century they reprinted Death of..., I think they even reprinted the Dracula-stories once. But I am a completist. Morrison/Millar were continued by other artists right where they left of. What about that? I want the whole series. Vampirella is iconic. Let's give her a complete bibliophilic edition. Never quite understood, why Harris didn't do it. It was everything they had.

Ah, I forgot: they did theme TPBs from the magazine. Nyx collections for example. I think they made 3 or 4 of these. But without any system. And their last issues were strange: the Quarterlys. It was almost impossible to keep in mind, how many issues they did, because they all were number one issues. And they made TPBs of this stories with 4 stories in each, they weren't much thicker than the issues themselves, which had also coloured reprints of the magazines in it.
            Last edited by Red Bryan; 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

point taken...and good points indeed!

let us hope DE will contact fans with the right insights (if they don't have it themselves already!!) to make a good plan for the future!

Comment

Or just try and read this board. All the serieses have huge fans who want to be satisfied. When the hunger for Red Sonja was greatest they got very silent regarding Red Sonja and brought Superheroes on the market. When one PS reader already anounced PS as THE DE Universe, they got very silent regarding PS and came along with Green Hornet. My fear is, that there is a lack of respect for the titles they publish and if this is the case, Vampirella got from bad to worse.

Comment

aaa

they are not as dumb as that and just only hear about the forum-goers...especially since attendance of forums in general are lacking because of networksites!

I do urge them (again...as I have emailed them repeatedly) to update the complete structure of this forum and ofcourse make me the MOD of the Vampirella forum...since I was mod at www.vampirella.com I have oldest rights

Comment

Vampifans

Yeah!!!!! One more fan on the Board, thanks Richard. I've sorted out one box of comics by the way, only 51 to go, Ive not found any of the titles you were looking for yet Rich, but I will. Any idea when Vampi is going to hit the stands again?
                    Lothar

Comment

Hi man!!

I have been trying to get into contact (officially) with DE for weeks and weeks now! Since the day of the announcement actually. But no response whatsoever!

Comment

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait. Does any one else from the Harris board post here?

Comment

I think so. But sparsely
                          I admit that the forum could be made more attractive though

Comment

Your avatar goes a long way towards that cause though.

Comment

Green Hornet FCBD ad

In case you didn't pick up the book.
                              Attached Files
                              Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                              Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                              http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X