Dynamite's Phantom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamite's Phantom

Dynamite Entertainment is starting to pick up some good licence's.

He pre-dates Superman, and he’s now moving to Dynamite Entertainment.

www.newsarama.com/comi...amite.html

I just wonder what happened at Moonstone? The Phantom was a great read and always on time. I just hope D.E. keeps it that way.

Still on my D.E. wish list:

Tarzan
    Green Hornet
    The Shadow

Moonstone STILL have a license to publish the Phantom, according to this article @ Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0807...nePhantom.html

How can TWO comic publishers in the U.S. have a license to the same character???

Comment

Two Books

I think they are going to be two different Phantoms.
      Moonstone's more classic and DE's... I want to say Ultimate. So as a Phantom fan this can't be nothing but good news, two Phantom books.

Comment

My Second Choice

The Phantom was my second choice for a nre series. It sounds like they have an interesting take planned. I would like to see him as an international righter of wrongs than stuck in a particular city.

It will be on my must buy list for the first few months. DE is quickly becoming my favorite publisher.
        Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
        Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
        http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Maybe the whole Phantom thing is DE's answer to Moonstone's publishing Zorro books after DE got the license?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjarne
            Maybe the whole Phantom thing is DE's answer to Moonstone's publishing Zorro books after DE got the license?
            Could be but I think Moonstone is only doing a prose book not a comic. It does make you wonder though.

I could see it if Moonstone was doing the current Phantom and DE had the older ones.
            Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2

Comment

The Ghost Who Walks

Looks like The Phantom is staying at Moonstone for a few more years:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0807...micRights.html

I'm kind of mixed with this, on the one hand Moonstone's Phantom has been great, have every issue. On the other hand Dynamite has put out some great things. So I probably would have got both books assuming there were two, however talking to other people here and there they weren't too happy about D.E. wanting to take him out of the Jungle and putting him in the City so maybe this is for the better and gives D.E. more time to think about the direction of the series before they start.

Comment

High Road or Low

I've read the article and it seems like Nick is trying to hard. I'd see no problem with both companies doing their own books. Moonstone is jungle oriented for the most part, and it sounds like DE's would be more the urban, world hopping version. No real conflict.

As a side comment I haven't seen anything claiming that Moonstone is doing anything other than a prose version of Zorro. I have one on order.

Comment

The Moonstone folks are great. I've had some small dealings with them and I don't for one second believe they forgot to renew or changed their mind about renewing or anything like that. Joe has worked too hard to make sure everything is square before publishing other stuff so the idea that he'd get slack on one of their most popular titles is pretty ridiculous.

This Nick guy, on the other hand...That last statement is all I know about him and based on that, I really don't care to know any more.

Or give Dynamite any more of my money...

Comment

could dynamite put out a MANDRAKE COMIC?
                    that way dynamite would have both of lee falks classic heroes

Comment

Moonstone has the rights to Mandrake as well as Phantom.
                      What ever happened with DE's Phantom? Is that no longer the case?

MikeM

Comment

Moonstone states they no longer have the license in a couple of months.. they are pumping out the trades real fast (gonna be expensive for me for a bit)... what's the word on The Phantom? I figure it's gonna all start up soon if Dynamite is still continuing with the character? What style is Dynamite going to take?

Comment

Dynamite's Phantom

On the Moonstone forum it says that they are loosing the License and imply that Dynamite is getting it. Guess it wasn't as dead an issue as Moonstone implied and everybody thought. Is it true, is there any news.

Comment

This is the first I hear of it, but it appears to be true.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=22481

A young fan in the audience, maybe ten or eleven years of age, proved an astute reader of online news, asking Barrucci after several Dynamite projects in limbo including the announced re-launch of The Phantom. "We put it on hiatus," the Publisher said. "It's just waiting an extra year. What's going on is we were able to work it out with the licensor where they're going to give us two more years on our license, and we're going to start after Moonstone finishes their run. It allows both of us breathing room."

Comment

When does the Phantom come to Dynamite?

Saw the July Dynamite solicitations, and was disappointed not to see a Phantom comic. I thought July was the first month of DE's license... when is it set to appear?

Comment

Working...
                              X