Lone Ranger DVD News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Ranger DVD News

While not directly related to the new comic, this may be of interest to Lone Ranger fans, especially us older fans:

According to this website -

www.andymangels.com/BCI_DVDs.html

2007 will see two releases of the 1980's Lone Ranger cartoons on DVD. It lists "Zorro & The Lone Ranger" Vol. 1 for Spring '07 and "Zorro & The Lone Ranger" Vol. 2 for Summer '07.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Damn, I thought someone was coming out with a series of season sets of Clayton Moore & Jay Silverheels! Oh well I'll just keep on waitin.

Comment

Can you guys tell me exactly how many episodes were produced of this TV series?

I know there is a dvd set available which contains the first 19 episodes.

Thanks!

Bjarne
      www.comiczone.dk

Comment

There are 221 total episodes of the live action Lone Ranger series. Plus Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels starred in two Lone Ranger movies. In the US (as far as I know) the 2 movies - "The Lone Ranger" (1956) and "The Lone Ranger And The Lost City Of Gold" (1958) are available on DVD. Rhino has a 4 DVD box set with the first 19 color episodes (from season 5, the last season). And there are many, many public domain titles with some combination of the first 16 episodes, plus the color episode "A Message From Abe." I know there is a UK (Region 2) box set of the complete 5th season (all the color episodes).

I will also point out, FYI, that Clayton Moore played the Lone Ranger in seasons 1-2 and 4-5. John Hart played the Ranger in season 3.
        Last edited by MadMikeyD; 09-17-2006, 02:09 AM.
        DECODER RING THEATRE
        EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

MadMikeyD, thanks for that post!
          I used to watch that Filmation Lone Ranger cartoon on TV and will pick up the DVD boxed set when released.

Comment

In case we weren't talking about the Clayton Moore series, I'll let you know there were 25 episodes (split into 65 adventures) of the 1966 Lone Ranger cartoon series, and 28 episodes of the Lone Ranger 1980 cartoon series. Hopefully all 28 make it into those two sets next year.

I wonder about the Tarzan cartoons that were shown with the Lone Ranger and Zorro. It was the "Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure Hour," then the "Tarzan/Lone Ranger/Zorro Adventure Hour." The DVDs are announced as "Zorro & The Lone Ranger." So what happened to Tarzan?
            DECODER RING THEATRE
            EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Thanks for the info MadMikeyD!

-And that's a mighty fine Fan Club page you got there!

Bjarne
              www.comiczone.dk

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkangel
                I used to watch that Filmation Lone Ranger cartoon on TV

Hey - I used to watch that too when I was little! I loved it!

Tommy.
                Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Hey Bjarne,
                  Thanks for the compliment on the Fan Club Web site. We're always looking for ways to improve it. We welcome any suggestions.
                  As for the DVD's, we can't wait for them to come out. Y'all have no idea how often people ask about DVD sets of the TV series. From what I understand, the rights to the show are split between several companies. It would take an act of Congress, or perhaps the Lone Ranger, to get them all out as a set. Beut hey, we'll keep hoping.

Comment

-And that's a mighty fine Fan Club page you got there!
                    Please direct all props for the Lone Ranger Fan Club to "Lone Ranger." That's all his, I am merely a frequent visitor there. I hope I didn't inadvertently confuse anyone by including the Lone Ranger Fan Club link in my signature. I include it only because I think every Lone Ranger fan, new or old, should visit that site. I do moderate a tiny Lone Ranger fan group on MySpace, also in my signature.

(1) Lone Ranger (1) - good to see you visit this board. Did you get your issue #1 yet?
                    DECODER RING THEATRE
                    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

MadMickeyD,
                      First of all, thanks for including the link! I've just recently discovered this forum. I guess for consistency I should have used 1Lone Ranger1, which I have on several other Web sites. I know we've strayed from the thread, but this site is great. I'm very new to the whole forum thing and have yet to visit MySpace, other than a quick click on your link. I'm thrilled with the interest this comic has brought to the Lone Ranger. Since the comic has started making news, hits on our Web site have gone from about 100 a month to more than 100 a day. I know that's still small potatoes in cyberspace, but huge for us.
                      To answer your question, no, I still do not have my order for issue #1 yet. I have a friend who got me the variant cover from Baltimore, but it hasn't arrived either. Now I'm going to have to find the second printing edition. This time I'm going straight to the local comic shop for it.

Comment

So any word on the Filmation DVDs release?
                        Last edited by Guicho; 07-19-2007, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X