X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the latest Boys?

Well...where is it?

Chris

Not sure what you mean by this, but it's a June shipping book and we're not even halfway through June yet...

Comment

Where's the latest Boys?

"The Boys" arrives in stores on the first Wednesday of the month. We're well past that now. Obviously, that is what he meant, and obviously the book is very late for no apparent reason.

Comment

Might have something to do with Hughie's mini that's slated this month.

Comment

Hughie's spin off is due on August.

For the current issue, I found June 16th as a shipping date on a number of websites. My comics store hasn't any clues yet, but I live in the other half of the world, so I have to wait anyway.

Well? Any news?

Comment

It ships this week - on-time:
            http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=5466

Comment

I got it last night, and wrote a recap... only to decide not to post it. The fact is that I'm done. There's lots of people here I like, but that's not a good enough reason to keep reading a book that basically repels me.

So here's my SHORTEST RECAP EVER:
              "Malchemical beats the hell out of Hughie".

That's as good a way as any I can think of to say goodbye. Frankly, I'm glad I'm getting out before what promises to be yet another "Hey, I'm an Atheist and a Douchebag" arc by Ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                I got it last night, and wrote a recap... only to decide not to post it. The fact is that I'm done. There's lots of people here I like, but that's not a good enough reason to keep reading a book that basically repels me.

That's as good a way as any I can think of to say goodbye. Frankly, I'm glad I'm getting out before what promises to be yet another "Hey, I'm an Atheist and a Douchebag" arc by Ennis.
                Between you and me...I tend to agree.

Chris

Comment

Holy crap... is it THAT bad?

Comment

Frankly, I'm glad I'm getting out before what promises to be yet another "Hey, I'm an Atheist and a Douchebag" arc by Ennis.
                    Hehe. You are quite right. Ennis is nothing for people with religious sensibilities. Having none of those myself I can still enjoy his work for what it is most of the time - nasty little stories.

#43 wasn't that terrible in my opinion. Ennis is getting a little repetitive with his themes: That superpowers corrupt and will make you do bad things to the people you have power over.
                    But at least he got THAT point across.

Comment

I actually LIKED this issue… It showed a lot of things “character development” wise:

1. It exposed that Butcher realized his stupidity and would actually admit he was wrong.

2. It developed a major rift between Butcher (the leader) and MM (the moral conscience) in the Boys. Butcher lied and set Hughie up (manipulative things MM can’t tolerate). MM went behind Butcher’s back to the Legend and directly confronted the man from Vought (things Butcher views as a direct threat to his authority).

3. It showed that despite being wrong Butcher is still trying to figure out a way to manipulate Hughie and/or Starlight to get his shot at the Seven and Homelander.

4. It showed the man from Vought that there are cracks in the Boys armor.

5. Hughie finally paid a price for being an idiot (although what reason Butcher comes up with to explain why he just happened to be there to save the day should be interesting).

6. ALL of the members of Superduper survived because Butcher finally showed some control (and caring) and because of Hughie, he backed off Superduper. (although he implied letting them live wouldn’t matter soon anyway…hmmmm)

7. The last scene implies Homelander is finally ready to “make his move”.

I thought it was interesting that the Female was listening to Butcher and MM argue too… Butcher's style of leadership may end up with the Boys fragmenting... Butcher being upset about MM going to the Legend directly impacts Butcher's safety... I'm sure he's not on Rayner's good side anymore, and if someone ELSE has access to the Legend, that takes one of Butcher's aces out of his sleeve...

Comment

Finally I got it.

Kamakazi, my friend, don't go away!

MALCHEMICAL WILL RETURN!

AND HE WASN'T GAY!

Seriously, it wasn't that bad.

Comment

i have to agree with kamikaze on this one i mean there is just so much shit here that doesn't make sense, for example a few issue's back the legend mentioned that a compound v injection costs almost a billion dollars, but so far i cant find one good reson why the us goverment would spunk that away
                          on an oxegen thief like hugie. or M.M for that matter. someone whos espionage skills are limited to getting hammered, strolling up to the evil mastermind and asking him what his plans are. and as for malchemical to call anybody retarded.... i mean i'd take being retarded over spontaneously combusting like a fucking iraqi oil field every time i stood next to someone smoking a fag.
                          Last edited by zomb1elvis; 06-26-2010, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X