Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For God's sake, Dynamite, enough with the Green Hornet already!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For God's sake, Dynamite, enough with the Green Hornet already!

I mean, I'm enjoying the Kevin Smith series and everything, but MAN! Every time I get a new "Previews" the Dynamite section has like 3 new G.H. series. It must be 75% of their production line by this point. Let's spread the love across a few more series!

Guest replied
    I think DE wants GH to be their batman or spiderman and since they have many different monthly titles they are doing the same for Hornet. I don't agree, but the Year One and Smith series is good, and strikes is funz.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The problem is that fans of the TV program get nothing.

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post

Nothing forces anyone to buy anything. The books are not all in the same continuity anyway. You can buy the Year One era books exclusively, or the present day version's material or what have you and still get the whole story for that version of the character.

We're given options and I'm al for it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by stmarychnj View Post
    I agree, enough is enough...and why is the Green Hornet movie a comedy?
    Unfortunately, I think to people who aren't very familiar with the character, the name sounds a little silly. Probably they feel it's an easier sell as a comedy for that reason.

Hopefully one day Christopher Nolan is inspired to do "The Green Hornet Begins" and we'll be rid of that nonsense. ;-)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tulku View Post
    There is profit to be made BEFORE people realize that it is a bomb. That is why DE is doing the big push now rather than after the movie comes out!
    I agree. Or maybe Dynamite paid a truck load of money for the license and they're trying to make their money back by flooding the market with Green Hornet titles.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by stmarychnj View Post
    I agree, enough is enough...and why is the Green Hornet movie a comedy? Do you really think there's capital to be made over this upcoming bomb of a flick?
    There is profit to be made BEFORE people realize that it is a bomb. That is why DE is doing the big push now rather than after the movie comes out!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I agree, enough is enough...and why is the Green Hornet movie a comedy? Do you really think there's capital to be made over this upcoming bomb of a flick?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Their trying to capitalize off the up coming GH movie and I don't blame them. As of right now their the only Hornet comic producer and with the movie coming out they want to make sure they get their share of the cash to be made.

Darth_Andrea

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Personally, I know I'm in the minority but I love it.

However, I buy little other than Dynamite books. I've finally reached my limit with Wars and Crisiseses and have dropped just about every DC book. I haven't bought a Marvel book in years.

Nothing forces anyone to buy anything. The books are not all in the same continuity anyway. You can buy the Year One era books exclusively, or the present day version's material or what have you and still get the whole story for that version of the character.

We're given options and I'm al for it.

Leave a comment:

• comixfan1980
    replied
    Yeah, they are starting to over saturate and now it's beginning to get a bit silly in my opinion. Smith's Hornet, Wagners Hornet and Green Hornet Strikes is more than enough, one Kato series would do the trick as well, but I don't see the need for Chronicals, Parralel Lives, a second Kato book and whatever else they plan to release. Who knows though, maybe some of the new stuff will actually be good and worth reading, I didn't put much stock into Year One and Strikes but they turned out to be fantastic in my view.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X