Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have all the posters gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where have all the posters gone?

    Before the Dynamite acquistion, there was another forum full of Vampi history, fan art, and insightful debate. I miss seeing some of the frequent posters there, and thought they would all be here. I've seen a few, but there are still notable absences. I am wondering if those folks are having as much trouble signing up on this board as I did? It took me months. I know of at least one Vampirella fan who still has not received permission to post - Mandy O'Toole. Apparently our requests for activation got caught in the webmaster's spam folder. I emailed the webmaster hoping to help out my friend Mandy, but I wonder if THAT message got sent to the spam folder, too. Anybody have any ideas?

  • #2
    Originally posted by angelbeville View Post
    Before the Dynamite acquistion, there was another forum full of Vampi history, fan art, and insightful debate. I miss seeing some of the frequent posters there, and thought they would all be here. I've seen a few, but there are still notable absences. I am wondering if those folks are having as much trouble signing up on this board as I did? It took me months. I know of at least one Vampirella fan who still has not received permission to post - Mandy O'Toole. Apparently our requests for activation got caught in the webmaster's spam folder. I emailed the webmaster hoping to help out my friend Mandy, but I wonder if THAT message got sent to the spam folder, too. Anybody have any ideas?
    It kind of works like this....

    I get an e-mail, the e-mail tells me that there is a new member of the forums and gives me a little info (user name, e-mail address, IP address), from there I have to determine who is a spam-bot and who isn't. Sometimes it's easy, you will get an e-mail address like DynamiteFan1999@Comcast.net or something like that and they are obviously a real account, other times you get Mike505050505Medicaldealspornshop@fakeporndeals.co m and it's without a doubt a fake, but then you run into the Yahoo and Gmail users who can go go either way. I have allowed many Yahoo and Gmail users to post to wake up and find that there has been 50 spam e-mails with links to porn sites and hotel giveaways, the other half are real accounts.

    I made a post in the general forum asking ALL new members to please E-mail me or PM me for access to the forums because while approving new members sometimes you run into an "I can't tell" situation and I'd rather let them contact me rather than wake up to 100 spambot posts.

    If anyone out there needs approval then please PM or email me.

    Moviebuff1980@yahoo.com
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator


    Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

    Comment


    • #3
      I knew it was something like that! This is good information. I never thought to check the general forum, although I suppose that's the first place folks should look. Thanks for keeping us spam-free!

      Comment


      • #4
        Ya, lota forums have problems with spam and accoutns that post lots of sex stuff and links to bad sites. It's good to have a spam free board here and I hope it stays that way forever.

        Comment


        • #5
          Mandy

          At least some of us made it here ,time to push for Mandy. Go Mandy! We need some more of the intelligent people here.
          Lothar

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by KillerKnight View Post
            At least some of us made it here ,time to push for Mandy. Go Mandy! We need some more of the intelligent people here.
            Lothar
            What's her username or e-mail address? I can activate her if need be.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator


            Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

            Comment


            • #7
              This is great! Mandy O'Toole is a HUGE fan and great fun. She also is the one who introduced me to Vampirella, so I owe her big, ha ha! I'm not sure what email address she's using, ComixFan. Just sent her a text and told her to get in touch with you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Glad to see you here, too, Lothar! I'm hoping when the new issue comes out that more of us will find their way here. And new fans as well. I'm really excited!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by angelbeville View Post
                  This is great! Mandy O'Toole is a HUGE fan and great fun. She also is the one who introduced me to Vampirella, so I owe her big, ha ha! I'm not sure what email address she's using, ComixFan. Just sent her a text and told her to get in touch with you.
                  There are currently two different Mandy O'Tool's activated on the forums, both have been inactive for a while.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator


                  Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    probably lurking till we get into Issue One

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ha ha! Not lurking, just technologically challenged and probably forgotten her password.

                      Or - two passwords!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        *I* *never* forget my passwords. Not one of the 20.
                        Just which damn website they belong to

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          YAHHHHH....I finally made it!!!! I'll post something prolific asap!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yippee!!! Mandy remembered her password! Welcome back!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              At last

                              Hi guys,
                              It's Robin from Vampilore.co.uk.
                              Finally got round to getting on the system and looking forward to sharing Vampirella related discussions with you all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X