Classic Red Sonja canceled??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Red Sonja canceled??

Is this series over now? Four issues and the end? I hope not but I cant find any info on future issues....

I think it was just meant to be a four issue mini. Hopefully, they will continue to reprint some of her other adventures and continue the title.

Comment

Yes, I hope so, too!

Comment

Thanks for the question. I've been wondering, too.

Comment

Are these already out? My store usually pulls anything Red Sonja related for me, but I was unaware of these until today. I'm not certain where these stories come from. Were these newspaper comics? Why have they never been in color before?

Comment

These were installments of a back-up story in the black-and-white magazine, Savage Sword of Conan. All four issues are out now.

Comment

Originally posted by agentalbert View Post
              Are these already out? My store usually pulls anything Red Sonja related for me, but I was unaware of these until today. I'm not certain where these stories come from. Were these newspaper comics? Why have they never been in color before?
              Originally posted by mjacobson View Post
              These were installments of a back-up story in the black-and-white magazine, Savage Sword of Conan. All four issues are out now.
              Thanks. So were these already in the Savage Sword Of Conan paperbacks that Dark Horse put out over the last few years?

Comment

The Dark Horse SSoC TPs have only the Conan-Stories, and no back-up-stories.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. Not sure why my local store didn't pull these for me, but I called them and they were able to get all four for me, so I'm happy.

Comment

To be more precise, issues 230-233 of the original Savage Sword run way back when, the mag ending with 235. Nice to know Red was in it right up to the end. Those issues are a double-helping of her, as they continue a story arc that begins with the Graphic novel 'Conan the Ravegers out of Time' and continues in installments with SSOC 223 onwards (except 225, 227, & 228) through 233. Red is in it from the get-go. A tale well worth reading if you can find the issues concerned. I finally had to go to ebay to get the novel and the later SSOC.

On the Remastered series, have seen only the first 3 so far, and neither my local shop nor comixology (which does my pulls) have reported anything on issue 4. So, with Flip, have been wondering on the fate of the series.

Have not seen the promised (August) art book, either.

Comment

Working...
                    X