So we finally see Mallory and...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So we finally see Mallory and...

He's just some random grey-haired dude? So the point of hiding his face for the past few years was... that there wasn't any point?

This reminds me of the, uh, "climax" of Herogasm, where it was revealed that we'd had five issues of build-up that culminated in the Boys kidnapping "some guy".

EDIT: Or am I just not getting the hilarious, exciting joke? Is random grey-haired guy actually the Prime Minister of Propecia or something?
    Last edited by Kamakazi; 11-01-2010, 09:50 PM.

Where did you see Mallory? Color me confused

Comment

Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
      Where did you see Mallory? Color me confused

Comment

It looks like issue 50 is to be the big flashback reveal issue where many things that have been shrouded in mystery are exposed and questions are answered... But, what questions are left?

We already know about Maeve... But, maybe a new insight into why she turned on the Seven...

We already know about the Homelander... But, we may see some new depravity from him...

Black Noir is still a complete mystery... I doubt that will change at this point....

Hopefully we'll not only get to see Greg Mallory, but also find out exactly what happened that led to the death of his grandaughters, his falling out with Butcher and the disbanding the original Boys.

Hmmm, at least we'll get to see more of what Butcher was like when he had a "boss"... His picture on the cover looks more openly sadistic than he shows most of the time now... He's more calculating now, and was probably more "loose cannon" back then...

Maybe we'll get to see how Butcher and Raynor got together!

I think keeping Mallory in the shadows or showing his back to the readers was just to build anticipation for the big "reveal"... Mallory didn't seem to be making great efforts to really hide in the book. He was just hidden from the readers by the artist...

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
          He's just some random grey-haired dude? So the point of hiding his face for the past few years was... that there wasn't any point?

This reminds me of the, uh, "climax" of Herogasm, where it was revealed that we'd had five issues of build-up that culminated in the Boys kidnapping "some guy".

EDIT: Or am I just not getting the hilarious, exciting joke? Is random grey-haired guy actually the Prime Minister of Propecia or something?

Mmmmmh... hold on a moment and just picture him with blond hair...

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
            Mmmmmh... hold on a moment and just picture him with blond hair...
            AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Of course, that's probably just because Robertson draws nearly everyone the same way. Still, it'd be awesome if they found Homelander's wallet, and there was a driver's license with the name "John Mallory" on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
              AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Of course, that's probably just because Robertson draws nearly everyone the same way. Still, it'd be awesome if they found Homelander's wallet, and there was a driver's license with the name "John Mallory" on it.

Robertson is indeed affected by the Square Jaw Syndrome.

At first sight, Mallory looks like an older Butcher.
              But then, there ought to be a reason for all this mystery, and the most obvious one is he's the father/brother/husband/distant relative of a major character.

Still, I'm mildly disappointed. I hoped Mallory would have shown a cool eyepatch and an everlasting cigar.

Comment

I think he crossed The Bleed, and now he's Marvel's Nick Fury!!

Oh, wait, The Boys aren't at Wildstorm anymore.

Comment

Ok, idiot thought of the week:

Mallory is actually Vought Guy's father.

Just think of it. Makes sense.

Comment

Hey, how come I didn't shock you all?

Comment

Hey, how come I didn't shock you all?
                      I think most of us only pop in once a month for the Group Meeting. It's like we're members of some sort of half-hearted religious cult.

Comment

Ok, idiot thought of the week:

Mallory is actually Vought Guy's father.

Just think of it. Makes sense.
                        Would that make Vought Guy the father of Mallory's slain granddaughters? Or is he their uncle?

hmmmm, I just dunno... Maybe if Vought Guy didn't KNOW he was Mallory's son, or maybe Vought Guy was a clone of Mallory created by VA....

ps. Boris, I know how you feel! Did anyone other than saidestroyer see my post on Issue #48?
                        Last edited by Hot_Ch0c0; 11-22-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

In truth, I have to give credit to Kamakazi (as usual ) for the idea.

There are now at least two obvious "secrets" still to discover: Mallory's face and Vought Guy's name. Of course there must be a reason for all this shadows, I mean something different from Garth Ennis getting lazy in his middle age and writing lame cliches.

Now, we finally can look to Mall. A rough guess can be that VG's name is actually John D. Mallory, or something like that.

It would make sense. We know Mallory was operative on the Supes affair since WWII, plausibly being the first American subject to test V-stuff, Captain America and Nick Fury style (we are told there were superhero experiments during the war, after Stormfront, and the Legend points out Mall knows the details).

Later, after some trouble we'll learn in a while, VA got their hands on V-stuff and produced the Seven. My guess is they throw Mall's already superpowered DNA into the mix, otherwise, given the instability of the compound, chances of success would have been considerably lower.

So Mall could be, technically speaking, the unwilling father of the Seven (this, of course, can be the main reason he founded the Boys).

Now, my final guess is VG is a different product of VA's experiments, aiming to create a "super executive" for managing the supes and dealing with the whole business. He would be genetically son of Mallory, inheriting more mundane traits from his father, such as cold blood, military discipline and generic badassery, of course super-enhanced.

Now, VG is actually the father of Mall's grandaughters, and the idea of getting rid of the Supes can trace back to the related accident.

Plus, this can explain how the Legend (who also had a superpowered son) and the Boys got in contact. "Hey, you know? My son is an idiot wearing a costume and doing all sort of oddities!" "Tell me about that! My son actually runs an entire corporation of costume-wearing idiots!"

Ok, I know is a bit too stretched. Fact is I recently re-read the Nick Fury VS SHIELD saga, and it gave me all kinds of silly ideas.
                          Last edited by Boris; 11-22-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X