Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Sonja #53 in stores now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Red Sonja #53 in stores now...

    ...including violence, stabbing, big fights, and the final moments of poor Rogatino.

    Previews abound, but here's one on Comic Book Resources...

    Enjoy!

    -E

  • #2
    Publisher

    Eric,

    Great to see a fan so excited about a Dynamite series. It's great! Fantastic!

    Wait, you're the writer!!!!!!!!!

    Nick

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
      Eric,

      Great to see a fan so excited about a Dynamite series. It's great! Fantastic!

      Wait, you're the writer!!!!!!!!!

      Nick
      Doesn't preclude me from being a fan.

      -E

      Comment


      • #4
        Publisher

        That makes two of us. I'm a fan of your series!

        I'm biased, but hey, anyone who likes something is biased towards it, right?

        Comment


        • #5
          Red Sonja #53

          Well, I WAS going to write another glowing review, but then I thought it'd just inflate your ego. So I'll just go read it again and smile ...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZACH View Post
            Well, I WAS going to write another glowing review, but then I thought it'd just inflate your ego. So I'll just go read it again and smile ...
            Smiles are good.

            -E

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by eric_trautmann View Post
              ...including violence, stabbing, big fights, and the final moments of poor Rogatino.
              ...
              -E
              ... and including a great plot, smart dialogue and beautiful art, all paying a careful attention to detail never seen before in the first fifty issues. At last Sonja gets a creative team producing quality work that can easily compete with those other two major comic book publishers.

              By the way, please tell Geovani that I dig the miniskirt...

              Comment


              • #8
                Eric, why did you kill Rogatino so soon?

                I normally don't like characters that rely too heavily on roguish charm but I really liked him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
                  Eric, why did you kill Rogatino so soon?

                  I normally don't like characters that rely too heavily on roguish charm but I really liked him.
                  ...and that's why, right there.

                  Initially, I was only supposed to write four issues, so I didn't have a lot of space to play with. Part of the trick to this story was establishing Sonja's men very quickly, and make you like them, very quickly, so that when the fighting started, and they started dying, you'd feel it, just like Sonja will.

                  That's where the drama in a good war story lies; not just in the big action, but in the small relationships between the people on the ground, fighting and dying.

                  I have a bigger canvas to paint on now, so expect some new supporting characters to show up after this arc.

                  -E

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ambiente View Post
                    ... and including a great plot, smart dialogue and beautiful art, all paying a careful attention to detail never seen before in the first fifty issues. At last Sonja gets a creative team producing quality work that can easily compete with those other two major comic book publishers.

                    By the way, please tell Geovani that I dig the miniskirt...

                    ::blush::

                    Glad you're enjoying it.

                    Also pleased that adding additional armor to Sonja -- which s just something I wanted to try, and am pleasantly surprised no one is freaking out about -- meets with approval. (Makes a nice change of pace from the "YOU PUT PANTS ON VAMPIRELLA?!! JERK!!" controversy.)

                    -E

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Red Sonja #53

                      So this means you're staying on the book? Bring it on!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ZACH View Post
                        So this means you're staying on the book? Bring it on!!
                        For the time being, it appears so.

                        After the conclusion of "War Season" in issue #54, there's a done-in-one "epilogue" to the tale, and then I start on the next arc.

                        I tend to get bored quickly, but Sonja is one of the few characters I can see myself writing for a long time. Fingers crossed!

                        -E

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you get bored from writing this book you will be hunted down, you have been warned!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X